New Contributor

Where Are The Beautiful GILI Styles?

What has happened to GILI?  When Lisa was here, we had beautiful, cutting edge styles.  Now we have "elevated basics".  I hope the GILI designers read this - please bring back all the beautiful desginer style that we used to have with GILI.  I can get jeans and tank tops anywhere.  I would really like to see the beautiful style come back to the line.  In the meantime, it looks like I will be saving a lot of money!

Honored Contributor

Re: Where Are The Beautiful GILI Styles?

[ Edited ]

Totally agree with you.  It appears that all the emphasis is going to Halston.

Honored Contributor

Just a clue.  Lisa left.  Her leaving may, in part, be due to the fact that the Wonders of the World and H's of the House would be taking over the fashion scene.  Jill Martin was brought in to sell off what was already created.  GILI will go the way of George, Bob Mackie, LDO and Quacker. These vendors need not apply.  They are passe.  Sorry, I agree with you but I am becoming a realist.

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Just a clue.  Lisa left.  Her leaving may, in part, be due to the fact that the Wonders of the World and H's of the House would be taking over the fashion scene.  Jill Martin was brought in to sell off what was already created.  GILI will go the way of George, Bob Mackie, LDO and Quacker. These vendors need not apply.  They are passe.  Sorry, I agree with you but I am becoming a realist.

@Nonametoday******That really makes sense.  I never thought of it that way!  Good post!

Honored Contributor

I too suspect that her leaving had to do with her 'baby' Gigli but it still seems to be a profitable venture for the Q. Unfortunately any patents or in this case, designs, developed while employed (often) belong to the employer. Even if everything was Lisa's idea based on the contents of her closet.

Perhaps there was a dispute over that fact...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I too suspect that her leaving had to do with her 'baby' Gigli but it still seems to be a profitable venture for the Q. Unfortunately any patents or in this case, designs, developed while employed (often) belong to the employer. Even if everything was Lisa's idea based on the contents of her closet.

@Andreatoo*****Interesting post.  I wonder who designed this jacket, then?  It would have taken some time from design to production.                 Do you have any ideas?  

G.I.L.I. Stripped Leather Jacket with Ponte Panels

A273618

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo*****Interesting post.  I wonder who designed this jacket, then?  It would have taken some time from design to production.                 Do you have any ideas?  

G.I.L.I. Stripped Leather Jacket with Ponte Panels

A273618

Not a clue. I recall when Gili was first getting off the ground that the line was based on expensive designer pieces that Lisa coveted or already owned.

Jill still eludes to this on occasion....(minus the Lisa part)