Honored Contributor

What will be the next apparel trend?

I sat out cold shoulder, but I bought a few bell slees.  Now I'm on to floral.  What's next?

Honored Contributor

Re: What will be the next apparel trend?

I like the bell sleeves,but because I have such short arms I thiink I would drag the sleeves through my food.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

I too sat out cold shoulders, I ordered a bell sleeve top, but when I tried it on, it was a big fat NO. I think I will keep my trendy choices in accessories paired with my more traditional clothes. That works best for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On QVC they have switched from overload of LOGO to over load of Cuddle Duds. And now this BareFoot Dreams.......I am sick of all of them.    No style, baggy saggy clothing.

Respected Contributor

I'm really digging the pearl embellishments. I have a dress, top, jean jacket, and shoes with them. I also like the star print, I've always been a huge fan of that. I have a navy blue shirt that says "we are all made of stars". I typically avoid florals unless they're subtle. Big, garish designs don't look good on me at all.
Honored Contributor

Florals and bell sleeves are classics, they aren't trends.  I think certain styles become more popular for a while but there's nothing  new about them, they just move to the back of the closet as some other style takes the forefront for a while.  I had to laugh when some shopping channel host on some station talked about mock turtlenecks being the big thing this fall...lol  Still makes me laugh.  I remember Slinky doing cold shoulder tops and dresses 10 or more years ago but never did I think they would become as popular as they did in recent years.  So, no one can say what's coming down the pike but I think whatever it is,  we've seen it before.  We've worn it before.   I will hate it, I will say I'm not going to wear it.  My eyes will be accustomed to the look and I'll will add a couple of pieces to my wardrobe.  That's how it goes in fashion.  That's what makes fashion fun.  I love seeing it all, even if I don't wear much of it.

Honored Contributor

Don't forget ruffles!

I was watching an episode of Law & Order yesterday.

It was filmed in 2005

The defense attorney wore a silk suit, suit jacket-like top with a skirt

The "jacket" had bell sleeves, where the collar came down to the point of the V, the collar ruffled and it was a peplum.  It was pretty but a bit too fussy

That was 10+ years ago.

Honored Contributor

Aside from the couple of basic Logo tops I like, I have really had enough Logo.  I'm sure many will continue to enjoy the brand though.

Honored Contributor

I'm much more a traditionalist.  No cold shoulder or bell sleeves for me.  I rarely am quick to jump on the bandwagon for "trends".  What I am enjoying seen for the fall.....plaids.

Honored Contributor

@depglass

I don’t care about trends and usually dislike them.