Respected Contributor

What to wear with Linea Boyfriend Sweaters

I own the Navy, Yellow and Ivory Linea Boyfriend Cardigan Sweaters, and want to wear them now that the weather has warmed up a bit (we had a snow storm here last week, and today it's supposed to be in the 50's).

If you own these sweaters, what do you wear under them? I have the yellow sweater on now, with a white cotton T-shirt under, but it just doesn't look right. Any suggestions you can make will be helpful to me. I don't think I can handle a yellow sweater under the yellow boyfriend cardigan -- too much yellow for me. I'd like to purchase something I can possibly wear with all 3 cardigans.

Valued Contributor

Re: What to wear with Linea Boyfriend Sweaters

Hey, Lyn! I just have the ivory and I have two of his ivory tanks for a monochromatic look. I also will wear his other WK tanks that I have in red, green, gray, lapis etc. I don't care for it with a collared blouse underneath, just too much material for me. I prefer a sleeker look. He still has a number of WK tanks available online. Hope you are well, stay warm!
Respected Contributor

Hi waterbaby. I don't own any Linea WK tanks. Do you have the Item #'s? Thanks much!

Valued Contributor

What neckline is the t-shirt? I think a scoop neck (perhaps a tank opposed to a tee)would look nice underneath. I like navy and yellow together. Ivory, beiges would work, certain reds as well.

Valued Contributor

Lyn, I have the matching tanks to all the boyfriend sweaters (A251579) and I love the look. I wear mine with all of my slacks, leggings, and jeans. I think it would look great with skirts too, I just don't wear skirts much anymore.

I especially like the navy set with lighter colored jeans.

Regular Contributor

I have worn my yellow BF cardigan with V-neck camis under it: gray with tiny yellow polka dots, black and white chevron, a blue floral with a small amount of yellow, solid gray, and solid black.

Esteemed Contributor

A black & white top under yellow would look great. Anything with navy and ivory. I love the look of the ivory sweater with an ivory top over khaki pants and a necklace or scarf to keep the monochromatic look. I am loving my navy bf cardi. Any top at all over denim, white or black pants.

Look in the spring catalogues for inspiration on how to mix color. You could be wearing one of your three cardi's almost daily for spring. Enjoy them-they are wonderful!

ETA: Love yellow with grays!

Respected Contributor

I was just now able to order the Linea Tank A251579) in Ivory. However, all the other colors (yellow and navy) are sold out in the tank. I guess I can wear the Ivory Tank with all 3 sweaters. Maybe the other colors will come available another time. Not even available on "wait list", and I can't understand that.

Contributor

I have a navy WK long-sleeved cardigan, but am seeing others ordering the boyfriend cardigan. Is there an advantage to one or the other? I'm not a tank person, but do like tees and just ordered the new striped ponte tees that were on last week's show. I do like a blouse with a cardigan. If you want to dress it up a bit a tank/tee with jewelry would look good. Yellow and navy, Turquoise and navy, white and navy, black and navy, grey and navy. Navy is a great color (my fav) and goes with about anything. The twig and chili pepper will go good with navy also.

Trusted Contributor

The boyfriend sweater also looks great with a button down collared shirt, like the Kate or the Robyn. That's how I usually wear mine.