Honored Contributor

Re: What to wear to hubby's class reunion?

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'd wear whatever you feel best in, that represents who you are. 

In my case, I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate pajamas!!

Esteemed Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

His 50th - the first weekend of August.  I have any number of very dressy & less dressy dresses, suits, sleeveless dresses with jacket to match, maxi dresses & skirts etc.  The "dress" is business casual but it's being held in an upscale hotel ballroom.  Help!  

(Hubby will wear a suit business casual be darned lol.)

It would be impossible to suggest what to wear when we don't know your size. What does business casual really mean? Why not ask another woman who is attending.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Well hey now.  You never know.  That could make for an interesting reunion. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

If pajamas actually represented who you are, you wouldn't be going to the reunion in the first place. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Does he have any friend that are going is there a way to chat with the other women, or is the a facebook page. I would hate to be over dressed when every one is is wearing polos and Khakis

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't know what the OPs size has to do with suggesting what she wear.  She's asking about wearing a maxi, skirt, suit, etc.  

@FranandZoe, an upscale ballroom doesn't read business casual to me like the invite says.  I hate the term business casual because there are many different interpretations to that.

Personally, I'd rather be over dressed than under dressed.  I don't think you could go wrong with a maxi dress.  I'd just refrain from a full-on formal ball gown.  LOL   

Respected Contributor

WOW - thank you so much everyone!

Honored Contributor

This is a Calvin Klein dress I have on my wishlist. It's only 59 dollars somewhere right now..I think BonTon

download.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

It sounds like you have a lot of appropriate items in your closet.  I kind of like the idea of a sleeveless dress with a jacket.  Have fun.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe,   You can't go wrong with a simple dress, low heels or high whichever you prefer and a small clutch purse.  Your husband would look good in a sports jacket, nice solid white shirt (no tie) shirt open at the neck and solid color pants.  Business casual means no jeans or sloppy looking clothes.  You could also wear pants, if you prefer.  NO suit for your husband.  Good luck and enjoy yourselves.   Cat Happy

kindness is strength