Esteemed Contributor

Re: What style sandal to wear with a lace dress?

[ Edited ]

@anniebethsmom wrote:

@SoX

That is too stinkin cute for words!!!

So is the price of that Burberry dress, (!) but it shows two ways to wear it ...

Trusted Contributor

@SoX

I'll wear it anyway you want me to if you send it my way!!! Lol- smiley face!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maxamit wrote:

I recently posted a discussion question about wearing an ivory lace dress to a wedding.  After discussing the topic with several friends (and some of you) I have decided against the ivory lace dress and have purchased a bright pink sheath style lace dress.  It is great ....but now I have to reconsider my shoes, as I had green pumps to wear with the ivory dress.  I think I prefer to wear a sandal, but I'm not sure anything to strappy would go with the lace, also unsure of the color with the pink( kind of a fuschia) dress.

I think you made a great choice to go with a lace dress in a bright color. In 2010, I wore a bright blue dress to a wedding and it looked great. I paired it with silver strappy shoes and a matching clutch.

In my experience, a strappy shoe goes well with a lace dress but it really depends on the shoe and the color. A nude colored shoe will also work very well and the good part is that you can wear this shoe with many other outfits. I found that a nude pump went well with absolutely everything during my honeymoon and the bag did not have to match for it to work.

However, in this case for a wedding you might want to buy a matching purse at the time you buy your nude shoes that way you have more of a seamless look. Perhaps, since the dress is a bright color you may feel that a metallic is too much.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

Nude, metallic, or black would be fine with the dress.  You could wear a dressy sandal or pump. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with everyone else about a strappy sandal, but I think you could also consider a navy blue. I think that color would look great with pink! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Nude, metallic, or black would be fine with the dress.  You could wear a dressy sandal or pump. 

i agree totally with what wilma said.  those would be my choices.