Frequent Contributor

Re: What is your ""FAVORITE"" and ""Not so Favorite"" line/brand of clothing?

Love this post. Like many of you, I have a few favorites. I too like INC at Macy's. One of my new favorites is Simply Vera at Kohl's. For the price, her tops are fabulous! Soft, feminine, well designed. I am over 55 so don't wear a lot of the brands at Kohl's, but Vera is timeless. I also like Ann Taylor Loft, Chico's and at QVC Joan Rivers sometimes, Belle Gray and I've found a few items from Serena Williams on HSN. I also like some of the Kate & Mallory tops on ShopHQ, and of course Glitterscape - love the bling. Where do you find the Zara clothing line?

Least favorite: Susan Graver, QF, D & C (used to like the, but not now).

Esteemed Contributor

I like a lot, but to name a few designers/brands I seem to frequently buy are BCBG, Elie Tahari, Paige Jeans, Laundry, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Michael Kors. I like Linea and Isaac from QVC. Stores where I frequently shop are Bloomingdale's, Anthropologie, CUSP, Urban Outfitters, Benetton, and Macy's and the Gap (both of them have great salesWink).

I can walk into just about any store anywhere and find at least one thing I like. There are some retailers and brands which I rarely check out. On that list are: Talbot's and Coldwater Creek (style-wise to me they are not much different than SG--only they use better fabrics). For various reasons also on that list are Kohl's, JC Penney, Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft. HSN is a place I rarely buy clothing anymore because the majority of the fashion items tried had to be returned for quality reasons.

Frequent Contributor

For casual wear, I like anything that's different, eclectic and well made. For work, I like tailored and well made clothing.
Trusted Contributor

I'm mostly conservative and classic. At QVC, it's only Linea now. I like WHBM, JJill and occasional Anthropologie.

Regular Contributor

I like more classic, not much on prints. I can find things that I do and don't like in many stores. I like Ann Taylor and loft, lands end, but I can find many things I like at JCP, Dillards, Macy's, and even Kohls.

As for Q clothes, Linea seems to be my style, but I do like many of the IM (not the prints or crazy color combo's) line, some Belle Grey, some JR, and even a few pieces of the LC. I like the denim jackets in the D&C line.

I don't like SG, QF, BM, most DB, and generally speaking d&c.

I would never be comfortable wearing all over bling, glitter, shine, bows, or ruffles.

New Contributor

Re: What is your "FAVORITE" and "Not so Favorite" line/brand of clothing?

My favorite brands are Ralph Lauren, Coach, Vionic, JJill and Dooney and Bourke. I know I can find real denim ( don't like knit denims; I love sandals that are styled  more comfort, 100% linen and real leather handbags with hardware that pop). Some people like all metal trims ( variety is the spice of life ), but personally goldtone makes a black leather jacket standout. I love the style of the Issac Mizrahi Peplum Leather jacket, but, the black didn't have a goldtone zipper ( I guess I didn't need another leather jacket ). I will continue to watch QVC if only to stay up to date with trend colors.

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your "FAVORITE" and "Not so Favorite" line/brand of clothing?

I prefer classic structured tailored pieces.  I still work so I need professional clothes.  I prefer straight leg jeans and pants. I love wrap dresses and cardigans of various styles. 

I dislike oversized, loose, flowy pieces, uneven hems, and leggings - even for casual wear.  I don't like a lot of bling on my clothes, but subtle embellishment is ok.  I do not like anything asymmetrical.

I shop lots of places to find what I like, and it is getting more and more difficut to find what I like since the loose & flowy and atheltic wear trends seem to be going strong.