Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of this coat?

The coat is lovely -  just wouldn't look at all lovely on me.   I am short, have narrow shoulders, but am both busty and hippy.   Some quite classic styles are out for me.  Neither double breasted or the classic Chanel jacket have ever worked well on my figure.

Honored Contributor

I like it and I really like the color.

Esteemed Contributor

I must love this beautiful coat since It looks like the one in my closet. So classy and polished.

Respected Contributor

It’s a great coat! I have several Talbots coats and they work well! Nice tailored look!
Honored Contributor

You might check out Candace Cameron's coats.

I bought 2 in pink. She has camel and black too.

They are upscale . She wears on TV.

No stretch at all. I bought in 'L' first, but, ordered another one in XL.  Hip, was good in the 'L', but, bust, forget it.   XL is ample more room in hip but still

not real plentiful in the bust area. I just won't try to button it up that high.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful classic, will work forever in any wardrobe.  I would have to chose the dark choice.

The length will be less weight on your shoulders.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

You might check out Candace Cameron's coats.

I bought 2 in pink. She has camel and black too.

They are upscale . She wears on TV.

No stretch at all. I bought in 'L' first, but, ordered another one in XL.  Hip, was good in the 'L', but, bust, forget it.   XL is ample more room in hip but still

not real plentiful in the bust area. I just won't try to button it up that high.

But the CCB coat is polyester.  No comparison to wool.

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

Some may not like because of the fabric 80% wool 20% nylon.  I love boiled wool and have no issues with scratching.

The length seems to make it somewhat of a bridge piece between casual and fancier?  I'm thinking that may make it more versatile.

369 orig price 40% off makes it 221 at Talbots. 

Classic and timeless. Pretty camel.

I like the length; easy to get in and out of a car...

I prefer single breasted but like the double breasted in this case. The price is a bit steep but it's a lovely coat.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123.  If I lived in Colorado, as you do, I'd be searching high and low for a good wool coat.  Nothing is warmer when it's really cold.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123.  If I lived in Colorado, as you do, I'd be searching high and low for a good wool coat.  Nothing is warmer when it's really cold.

@Kachina624  I agree 1000%.  Nothing like wool for warmth and this classic material and look will work 3 seasons here.  Going to order and if it doesn't work out shipping is free and the store is about 7 miles away.  Good excuse to go in there Smiley Happy

How about you how is your weather, any precipitation?

80's and sunny for the next week here, it can snow anytime so we'll take it Smiley Happy