Respected Contributor

Re: What do "missed designers" have in common

They were truly designers - not just 'trendy' of the moment people who put their names on any item of clothing to sell and who would not know what a design board was!

Honored Contributor

They took great pride in their work. They didn't mass produce thousands of the same thing over and over again. Their focus was on fabric, quality, and style. 

A lot of the time, designers emphasize clothing for petite and medium size women.  Tall women like clothes that fit their height.  A tall woman should not have to settle for a pair of full length pants fitting at an ankle length and the host saying that it is okay.

Honored Contributor

The presentations were relaxed. The designers were (appeared to be) lovely people. No screeching at the audience!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I have one silk blouse.  It is still in the dry cleaning bag from the first time I had it cleaned.  There is no point in owning anything if you are afraid to wear it.  

Respected Contributor

Now that I got logged in, lol, I can respond. What I liked most about the designers is that I could buy good quality clothing that was different from the stuff you see everyday. I can go anywhere and buy a tank top or cardigan or pair of pants.

I don’t think QVC even sells real leather jackets or skirts anymore. I have several jackets from Bradley Bayou that I love. I have a couple nice suede skirts from D&C and a great leather skirt from Steve Madden.

I still have that beautiful houndstooth suit from Sarah Campbell and dresses from Louis DelOlio and a great sweater top and skirt from Victor Costa.

The only comparable clothing I get now is from Dennis Basso on the Q. I like the other clothing lines, but they don’t have the same style.