Respected Contributor

I know there have been posts like this before. I have always appreciated knowing that it isn't just me. Share your "what was I thinking when I purchased this garment." It is getting to be organize the next season wardrobe time ( most locations) We have had fall like weather lately . 

I bought a few fall /winter items to tuck away in my storage. I saw 2 of my 'what was I thinking' items :

A D& Co. full length cable knitted navy sweater with pockets which I just love EXCEPT it has a fur lined hood. When I bought it I thought cute and uselful. ---not ! If it is cold enough for a fur lined hood a sweater is too cold ! I have considered  trying to cut off the hood and binding it , but don't know if that will work.

My 2nd is also a D&Co. purchase which Carolyn and Gary talked me into Smiley Happy. A very pretty light gold quilted fur lined vest. "You can throw it over a tee in moderately cool weather and be warm without a heavy coat " -- they told me.  it did not work that way for me. I ordered when I was a first timer ordering D&co before I knew they vanity sized. It is huge. I spent $$s on it and awhile after it was marked down to a very low price. 

Live and learn.

Honored Contributor

I've had that problem with QF.  I like the sparkle but when I get it home I don't feel comfortable wearing it.  But I NEVER pay full price for any of the items on QVC or any other shopping channel.  There is nothing I "need" so badly that I would pay the full price for any of the items.

Respected Contributor

I stopped shopping for clothes on the Q years ago and never looked back.  I have nothing from the Q in my closet now and am happy about that.

Respected Contributor

Right now I have a pair of Lisa Rinna's TSV cropped pants with the elastic/zipper around the botton.......I've never worn them.  Everytime I pull them out and put them on, I just don't like the way they look............should have sent them back, but it's way too late now.  I have a couple of her pieces that I do like, but this was defintely a "what was I thinking"!!

Regular Contributor

I used to do that all the time--see something I thought I really liked or was sure would look good on me--hey, it looks good on the models, right?  Anyway, get it home, try on and--what was I thinking???  When I rotate the seasonal clothes how many things I would pull out from many seasons before still with the tags on!  I still have a couple things from about 6 years ago that I say hello to every year! One item was too small and I was going to lose weight....another was the color and I was going to find the right accesories, or something.  Rummage sale later this month at church and they are going!!!

Honored Contributor

The few items I've purchased are OK.   As much as I listen & look at the presentation and read the description, I really have to hold it in my hand, try it on.

I've bought a couple of Isaac's things, they are good quality but I'm not real happy with the purchase.   Not unhappy enough to return, well maybe the sweater, but  do better at retail.

I don't buy clothes much anymore, so QVC won't go broke by me not buying.

Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay

Funny you would mention the fur lined vest, I had one that I never wore also.Mine was white quilted, and the fur was pretty and very real looking. Just didn't like it on me. It was a Costco purchase.

Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRL

Yeah I'm with you on that one; certainly not a look for every body type. That's for sure!

@okaywitheasypay

I now have that song (Dierks Bentley) stuck in my head thank you very much! lol

Honored Contributor

My downfall is skorts.  They look so cute on the models but I just can't talk myself into actually putting one on and wearing it.   I look at them a lot but have never worn one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay

That doesn't happen to me very often but there is something in my closet now that kind of deserves that same reaction. It is a fringed vest. I love fringe but I don't think I'll ever wear this piece. It is probably headed to consignment on my next visit.