Honored Contributor

What's your latest fashion "score"?

I just purchased a pair of white crop DKNY jeans for $10!  I was VERY excited!  I know its getting late in the season for wearing white pants and jeans but I really needed a new pair and have so many tops that only really look good with white bottoms!  

I had earlier purchased a couple other pairs of white crop pants -- one dressier, and one a jean type -- but they were both much more expensive and not really what I wanted.

I then went to Marshall's and was just browsing --- and TA DA!  There they were on the clearance rack.  I held them up and thought --- WHAT?  This is too good to be true.  Exactly what I was wanting and for a mere fraction of the price I paid for the other 2!  

I did not try them on there (I hate trying on clothing in stores) but waited until I got home. Perfect!!!  The material has a nice stretch - but not too much, and the fit is great.  Not too tight and not too loose!  

I washed them and they came out beautifully!

I then proceeded back to the mall, whereupon I gleefully returned the other 2 pairs of pants and received $$$$$ back!

What is your latest fashion score?  Please share!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: What's your latest fashion "score"?

@AngelPuppy1That IS a score.  I've been wearing white NYDJ crops for several months now, but mine were only 25% off the usual price - and even then, I was pleased.  Not many survive to hit the deep sale racks. Congrats on spotting those.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's late in the season at all for white pants. I have one pair of white boyfriend jeans and I'm going to wear them through the end of Sept when the weather allows. I used to worry about those rules, now I make my own.

I wanted to try Tradesy so I bought a used LK Bennett boiled wool jacket on there for 19.75. Free shipping. It came down from 40. Haven't received it yet. My fashion diet isn't going as planned.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Linea jacket a259102 for $4.00.

Honored Contributor

Wow! Those are some good deals! 

My sister and I were in Marshall's last week, and the shoe deals were great. We bought 5 pairs of shoes and they averaged $20 a pair. Our haul included one pair of slip on comfort shoes, 2 sneakers, peep toe cork wedge, and a pair of flat sandals.  

Honored Contributor

My LK Bennett boiled wool jacket arrived today and it is awesome. Fits me perfectly. Can't wait to wear it over a black turtleneck, jacket is charcoal grey.

I'm not opposed to used items, I have a couple of things from a local church thrift shop. This jacket has minimal signs of wear. No zipper, just hook and eye which I like. I don't usually zip my jackets.

Wish I could score a super deal on an LK Bennett handbag or Kate clutch. I already got an LK Bennett animal print clutch on Poshmark for $14.99.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Wow! Those are some good deals! 

My sister and I were in Marshall's last week, and the shoe deals were great. We bought 5 pairs of shoes and they averaged $20 a pair. Our haul included one pair of slip on comfort shoes, 2 sneakers, peep toe cork wedge, and a pair of flat sandals.  

@wilma  I love Marshall's for shoes!  I own many pair from there!  My nail salon is next door to Marshall's and I can't resist slipping in every 2 weeks when I have my nails done just to look at shoes!!  I find many bargains!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Surprisingly ... it's two Attitudes items (actually, two colors of the same item).  A265361 - cascade cardigan.   I got the taupe and the graphite.

I got them when they had the clearance ... price is still $22.20.

I'm going in about 1/2 an hour - and wearing the taupe with an ivory turtleneck (I'm going to be in chilly airconditioning for a couple of hours)   and SG's brown cargo pants (Aerosoles cork sandals).

I've tied up the "cascading" corners and it looks fab with amber jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

I got G by Giuliana boyfriend jeans in a dark denim for $9.95. These are comfortable and I wear them year-round.

Valued Contributor

fullsizeoutput_434.jpegI  know this may not seem like a true "score" to you all, but for me it was.  I have never had a true jean jacket (70's style) that I could find that ever fit.  This w/e was our state tax free period and I went to Old Navy to see if I could find a jacket that fit since their target shoppers are 25-35 busy moms.  I'm 57.  Well, I had to get the largest size they had, but it fit! I'm happy.