Valued Contributor

Re: What I Wore (w/e 9/30/23)...

@Sooner   @Lisa Y  The EF raglan sweater is the exact color of the third one from the left in this pic...

These are some of my favorite shades of blue.  

I'm with you, Cuz...open all the windows and let in the fresh air and breathe it in! The blue suede espadrilles go with so much in my closet, as you can imagine...$6 about three years ago. It took me much too long, but I think I finally got the hang of smart shopping and dressing. Thanks, Cuz.

@kate2357  hahaha, I think that denim skirt is worth the struggle, too.

Both those tops were thrifted earlier this year, @shoptilyadropagain  ...I've only just started wearing them. I have the waffle sweatshirt in a pink/mauve, too. So comfy!

The espadrilles are one of my best thrifts ever! Thanks so much, @DSD2.

@queendiva  I hope you're having a wonderful, relaxing, fun time at the beach.

"[Shopping retail] would cut into my thrift budget, and I'm not having that...." Hahaha, but ITA! It's very difficult to justify retail prices, even sales. I'm having too much fun thrifting and (sometimes) recycling with no regrets.  And, let's not forget, shopping my closet. What a buy on the lambswool coat...you go girl!

@wilma  Whatever works best for you is fine with me. If you put it on last week's thread, it would have story continuity. If you start a new thread, don't forget to give the back story and, most important, don't forget to notify me.

Thanks so much  @AngelPuppy1 Heart and @Iwantcoffee Heart

Enjoy your day, ladies.  I'll be down on my hands and knees with a damp sponge and Murphy's Oil Soap cleaning baseboards.  

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Super Contributor

Hey @MacDuFF 

LOVE the ice blue color palate!

Have a lot of greens and blues in my wardrobe.

Question: do you own a designer belt?

Thinking about purchasing one but there are so many choices. Plus, I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money because it seems selfish on my part.

Valued Contributor

Hi @Posh Poodle   I'm not a fan of belts and rarely wear them, but the few times I do, I have two woven leather Talbots belts that I thrifted for $1 each. 

If I did like/wear belts (and didn't mind paying outrageous prices for a strip of leather with honkin' big letters on the front haha), and if I worked for my money, and if my bills were paid, I wouldn't hesitate.   In my book, one can be unselfishly charitable AND buy what they want.

Is there a designer belt calling your name, Posh?

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Super Contributor

@MacDuFFsorry for a late post but I don't post too much. Take it in spurts!

I've been eying 4 designers in particular: DG, Gucci, Valentino and Ferragamo (either the ellipse or ganchini) with moderate interest. But desire something classic with their lines and a color like black or brown. Reversible would be fabulous!

I just can't bring myself to spend the money. Almost seems like it would be above my raising as we say in the south.

I own several Patricia Nash--bough on sale through her website--that are lovely.

Valued Contributor

Ooooooohhhhh the Ferragamo gancini @Posh Poodle is beautiful!

Gancini-Buckle Reversible Leather Belt 1

Not that it's all that affordable for most of us at $475 (Neiman Marcus), but I guess I was expecting it to be a lot more.  Have you tried eBay or RealReal? 

I just looked on eBay and they had a good selection...this one is new, reversible/adjustable, priced at $328, free shipping, free return.

Ferragamo Gancini Reversible & Adjustable Leather Belt Women's - Picture 1 of 2

How about rhinestone for $300?  (That ought to get the Southern tongues a-waggin', eh?!)

FERRAGAMO Gancini Rhinstone Buckle Black🔥🔥🔥 Women's Belt - MSRP $795.00 - Picture 6 of 9

Point is, there were pages of offerings on eBay at different price points.

I hear you loud and clear about the $$$.  For me, it's about being a good steward of my $$$.  But, if I wore belts regularly, I don't think the price of the gancini is totally out of the ballpark, especially on the secondary market.

You've probably heard this old saying:  Quality remains long after the price is forgotten.  That's proved true for me, but, truth be told, if I bought a belt at this price point, it would be the very last belt I ever buy, and I'd have to wear it every day...even to close my bathrobe hahaha!

Super Contributor

A

@MacDuFF that tan reversible one is pretty in the middle and the price very fair! Don't have much use for the rhinestone looking one as I think it would limit my choices. 
I've been seeing the brand worn on hallmark movies quite a few times.

@MacDuFF wrote:

Ooooooohhhhh the Ferragamo gancini @Posh Poodle is beautiful!

Gancini-Buckle Reversible Leather Belt 1

Not that it's all that affordable for most of us at $475 (Neiman Marcus), but I guess I was expecting it to be a lot more.  Have you tried eBay or RealReal? 

I just looked on eBay and they had a good selection...this one is new, reversible/adjustable, priced at $328, free shipping, free return.

Ferragamo Gancini Reversible & Adjustable Leather Belt Women's - Picture 1 of 2

How about rhinestone for $300?  (That ought to get the Southern tongues a-waggin', eh?!)

FERRAGAMO Gancini Rhinstone Buckle Black🔥🔥🔥 Women's Belt - MSRP $795.00 - Picture 6 of 9

Point is, there were pages of offerings on eBay at different price points.

I hear you loud and clear about the $$$.  For me, it's about being a good steward of my $$$.  But, if I wore belts regularly, I don't think the price of the gancini is totally out of the ballpark, especially on the secondary market.

You've probably heard this old saying:  Quality remains long after the price is forgotten.  That's proved true for me, but, truth be told, if I bought a belt at this price point, it would be the very last belt I ever buy, and I'd have to wear it every day...even to close my bathrobe hahaha!