Honored Contributor

Re: What Happened to Vince Camuto on HSN?

There was a thread on this last week.  I expressed my disappointment.  GONE are the deep discounted prices.  The free shipping is probably gone too.  I own so many Vince Camuto shoes, sandals and boots.  Many were bought at 1/2 or less of the price initially offered.  I sometimes found shoes for $29.99 that had been $89.99.

QVC will raise prices, not offer deep discounts and probably not offer free shipping on this line.  TOTAL BUMMER

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Nordstrom sells VC and Vince brand.  No shipping costs.  Anniversary Sale in July/August usually has great prices on fall/winter items Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Fifi1wrote:

Nordstrom sells VC and Vince brand.  No shipping costs.  Anniversary Sale in July/August usually has great prices on fall/winter items Smiley Happy

Hi Fifi.

Not $39.99 Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam  I LOVE the FREE SHIPPING that HSN offers when they promote a brand.  SO SMART.  I'm not even an HSN watcher except for Andrew Lessman, sometimes Trish McEvoy, and maybe one or two other brands, but I always appreciate the free shipping, especially when I'm buying a few things.

Valued Contributor

Hi WIN!

True~  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the tips here to sign up for emails on the VC site, and also on Nordstroms.

I LOVED the VC shoes I got from HSN. I just checked my account, and I bought olive grey moto boots from HSN in October. I so love those boots!!

Really so disappointed that they have moved from HSN to QVC, but I will check out the other sites, and hopefully get some deals there.

Honored Contributor

I bought tennis shoes, too, from his line.  I paid 29.99 at HSN. 

Sooo disappointed 

Honored Contributor

I bought tennis shoes, too, from his line.  I paid 29.99 at HSN. 

Sooo disappointed !

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the Camuto group will get a bigger audience selling on QVC than HSN. But this is not a plus for the QVC customer as HSN carried wide widths in their shoes, had free shipping on a lot of shoes, and had good clearances on them too. Don't expect the great sales on Camuto shoes like what you saw on HSN's website when this brand comes to QVC though. QVC still thinks that $5 off is a sale. They seldom have good sales on shoes.

Camuto isn't a stranger to QVC as QVC sells Camuto shoes when they do the FFANY shoes in October.

The Camuto group was going to merge with Aldo shoes last year but that merger got called off. From the Business of Fashion website, an article from last year:

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/aldo-group-calls-off-camuto-group-acquisiti...

I see Camuto shoes being sold on TSC in Canada and also Hudson's Bay department store but the styles are miniscule, the prices are high, and the width is medium only. I will also see Camuto shoes that were made for Nordstrom Rack show up at Winners in Canada but the quality of those outlet shoes is wanting.

I only own one pair of Camuto black suede shooties, bought from Nordstrom in an 8M. I probably should have bought them from Nordstrom online in an 8W.

Occasional Contributor

I'm not really happy about the move to QVC from HSN.  NO BUENO!!!!  Why on earth would you take it away from HSN?

So, far this is the beginning of bad decisions.  QVC and HSN are different, the hosts are different, and the models are more professional.  QVC can be boring and HSN is more upbeat and fun.

I don't know how this is going to work but I may end up saving a ton of money.

QVC charges too much for shipping!!!  I loved that HSN had free shipping on shoes.  Just better deals all around.  I would love to know what some of the current designers at HSN think.

Just saw the Vince Camuto ad and it already looks matronly!