Respected Contributor

Re: What Do You Think Of This Color Combo?

NAY.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

You would look beautiful!!

Love both colors and the combo is stunning.

Honored Contributor

This is an example of everything goes together --WRONG!  The pink shoes, aqua blue top and maroon pants.  Very unattractive.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have too many clothes to wear something that would be that wishy washy to me when I put it on.  Not sure why.  I just would not wear it.  Let me just add, whoever put these colors together may have worked here at QVC before going to Great Britain.

Respected Contributor

When I  first saw the photo, the pants looked more like a rich chocolate brown on my screen.  It immediately took me back to my high school days where we wore this combination as a uniform - brown tunic with a turquoise blue button-up shirt underneath!

Respected Contributor

I like it, but I often like “interesting” color combinations. Turquoise is a color that goes with many others, both cool (other blues, etc.) and warm (reds, corals, oranges, yellows, etc.).

Regular Contributor

I love it!  I am not seeing red/ burgundy, I am seeing chocolate/brown!!  I love and wear light blue and brown!!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

It isn't pleasing to the eye.  No "love".

@ECBG.  I think I know why our eyes are not “pleased”.  The sweater is blue (a cool color) and the pants, a shade of red, is warm. Usually, even in makeup, you’re either one or the other...not both.

@Shanus. @ECBG.  It's very pleasing to my eye.  It's the colors I live with...desert and sky.  Combining these two is not a revolutionary idea.  You see it in virtually every Southwestern piece of art and architecture, clothing, boots and saddles.  I see the pants as a shade of brown.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

It isn't pleasing to the eye.  No "love".

@ECBG.  I think I know why our eyes are not “pleased”.  The sweater is blue (a cool color) and the pants, a shade of red, is warm. Usually, even in makeup, you’re either one or the other...not both.

@Shanus. @ECBG.  It's very pleasing to my eye.  It's the colors I live with...desert and sky.  Combining these two is not a revolutionary idea.  You see it in virtually every Southwestern piece of art and architecture, clothing, boots and saddles.  I see the pants as a shade of brown.

@Kachina624It needs another color.  The two together have no unity.  I might add a mustard yellow an a medium value.  What do you think, @Shanus?

@Kachina624In the desert and sky there are some levels of each color which would be pleasing as well as some clouds adding another color (hue).  I'm sure that would be quite beautiful.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG.  @Shanus.  Here is a sweater I received yesterday from Zulily, one of the few clothing items I've ordered there.  As you can see it's got plenty of the turquoise and shades of the browns, including a coppery shade.  I love this sweater and plan to wear it with an Isaac tee in "copper" with dark brown pants.  I have an oversized, chunky string of beads with big turquoise, orange coral and smoky quartz faceted stones.

If I really wanted to go wild, I might consider a mustard tee and a pair of deep plum pants, which I think I own.  I can think of lots of combos.

Screenshot_20190125-003142.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment