Honored Contributor

What Colors Are Best For You? Justine Leconte:)

[ Edited ]

As we think slowly think of the next season, it's a great time to to get ready to make smart color decisions.

I highly recommend her video on the color wheel which will be a help in her discussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw_ie8PUXGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbwgkaa3SFY

Honored Contributor

Re: What Colors Are Best For You? Justine Leconte:)

@ECBG,    Very interesting.  I do not own a phone like she is holding.  Believe it or not, I have an old flip phone because I don't use my phone that often.  I do look very good in white, black, dark brown, navy, gray, greens, blues, yellows, deep lavenders.  Very pale colors are not complimentary for me.  I am light skin tone.  She mentioned orange and I can wear orange but only own a sweater or two in that color and I am not a fan of red.  You sometimes have to adjust your makeup to the colors you are wearing.  I know I do.  Especially my lipstick & Blush.  Thanks for posting.  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ECBG,    Very interesting.  I do not own a phone like she is holding.  Believe it or not, I have an old flip phone because I don't use my phone that often.  I do look very good in white, black, dark brown, navy, gray, greens, blues, yellows, deep lavenders.  Very pale colors are not complimentary for me.  I am light skin tone.  She mentioned orange and I can wear orange but only own a sweater or two in that color and I am not a fan of red.  You sometimes have to adjust your makeup to the colors you are wearing.  I know I do.  Especially my lipstick & Blush.  Thanks for posting.  HeartCat Very Happy

@Katcat1,If the upper video wasn't posted before, I think you will find that one very interesting.

Honored Contributor

Give me earthtones and orange-based reds and a bit of yellow-greens and I get my best looks.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,    Thank you.  That was very interesting.  Now I have to do the white paper test and the silver/gold jewelry test.  I think I am more neutral but lean toward cool blue undertones.   

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

ECBG, I've only watched the first one so far, but I want to commend you!   What an excellent tutorial!   She explains with such clarity, better than many other color "doyennes" I have seen.  The level of specificity she goes into reminds me a bit of another great guide to color, Imogen Lamport.

Justine is lovely and so easy to listen to.  I will be looking forward to other videos from her.

Honored Contributor

I have olive skin and almost-black hair. My most flattering colors are natural and earth tones like brown, dark and olive greenredorangegold, and beige. I love black but it makes me look sallow and goth-like.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ECBG,    Thank you.  That was very interesting.  Now I have to do the white paper test and the silver/gold jewelry test.  I think I am more neutral but lean toward cool blue undertones.   

@Katcat1,For a more in depth explanation and a chart with all of your suggested colors, I suggest you order Color Me Beautiful by Carole Jackson.  

Welcome to the world of "No fashion mistakes".!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear black and I wear white routinely...  colors infrequently, small prints even more infrequently, and for my whole life I could count on one hand the number of times I've worn orange or red.  So a color wheel might be an extravagant purchase for me.

Trusted Contributor

Very interesting, I enjoyed these videos, & learned a thing or two.