Honored Contributor

🤦 🤦 Wardrobe Malfunction 🤦 🤦

Have you had a recent wardrobe malfunction that you'd like to share?

I have had two since January.Cat Embarassed

In the first, I went to school all dolled up with mint corduroy jeans, a favorite pair, and accessories to match.Cat Very Happy

On the way in, it was kind of foggy/damp.  What I didn't know was that "damp" feeling was my Tervis bottle (filled with tea) sloshing all over the backs of my pants.  The flip cap had opened up and because it lives in a side pocket of my backpack, I couldn't see it until I got to school and got indoors to notice the damage.  I had to go back home and change, because in middle school when one has brown spots all over the backs of one's pants...Cat Tongue

you get the idea.Cat LOL

My second malfunction was more recent.  On the day of BF's father's funeral, the skies opened up in a torrential downpour.  It was the kind of rain where it goes every which way, including sideways.Cat Sad

I had purchased this vintage piece from Etsy, and wore it to the funeral.

Vintage Pink Rose Beads Necklace. These are circa 1920s-30s handmade rose petal beads. They would smash old rose petals in a bowl, make a paste out of them, and press them into rose molds. Then, they would make long necklaces and rosaries out of them. There is a clear spacer bead between the roses beads. No maker mark.   The pink beads have some slight wear to their coloring from age. Other wise good condition. Measure app. 17" long including clasp. Measures app. 3/8" wide.   A...

When I arrived home and sprinted to the door (in a full length raincoat, no less) I was soaked to the bone.  Everything, including pantyhose, had to be wrung out and hung in the shower to drip.

The necklace bled all over my neck and I had a giant pink tie dyed ring around my neck. Cat Surprised It would have been funny had it not been at the end of a very long and emotionally draining day.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wardrobe Malfunction

[ Edited ]

I'm sure I've had a few, but the only one that comes to mind is the funniest!  It was mid 80s, and I was working in downtown Manhattan... Wall Street area.  I was crossing the street on my way back to the subway after work, when the elastic in my half-slip gave way.  The slip fell to the ground, but I didn't stop!  Just left it there in the middle of the street!  

Honored Contributor

Re: 🤦 🤦 Wardrobe Malfunction 🤦 🤦

LOL!!! That was funny but not funny if you know what I mean. Hope you got the tea stains out of your pants. I can see the kids now snickering.

Only thing I can think of that has happened to me is when I was a teenager I had a pair of jeans that zipped all the way around front to back which broke. I had to go home & change. After I had the zipper replaced I kept a spare pair of jeans in my car. LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I worked at my local high school.  A wonderful English teacher went to her classroom, removed her coat, and saw her half-slip...yes, it was way back when women wore slips....she forgot to put on her skirt ...needless to say, a substitute teacher was called to take over the class so she could go home and finish getting dressed!  still makes me laugh!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

LOL!!! That was funny but not funny if you know what I mean. Hope you got the tea stains out of your pants. I can see the kids now snickering.

@Nightowlz

I came home and pre-treated them right away.  Then I had to change the other pieces because they were all about the mint green.  I think that BF washed them, and when they were returned to me, they had inky blue patches of color (almost like tie dye) all over them.  I'm not sure what happened, but they went in the "toss" pile.  Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

I used to frequent the discos back in the 80s. One night I was wearing a bustier top, sort of like this one, and while doing my thing on the dance floor my top decided to fold in half! Woman Surprised The boning in the bustier suddenly buckled and the top ended up around my waist and I didn't even realize it had happened until the song was over!! Woman SurprisedWoman EmbarassedWoman LOL I pulled it back up and left the club, never to return.Woman LOL

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

Nothing recent Ms. Poopypants but I do have a few.

when I was working at Publix eons ago and in that spongy/lime green/ polyester uniform I had a pair of panties fall out of my pant leg! I deftly picked my panties off the floor and stuck them in my pocket! lol

I've worn 2 different shoes (same shoe, different colors) and more recently when we were down to one vehicle I got on the bus with my shirt on backwards!

Female bus driver stayed stopped until I turned it around (we were alone).

OOPS!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I used to frequent the discos back in the 80s. One night I was wearing a bustier top, sort of like this one, and while doing my thing on the dance floor my top decided to fold in half! Woman Surprised The boning in the bustier suddenly buckled and the top ended up around my waist and I didn't even realize it had happened until the song was over!! Woman SurprisedWoman EmbarassedWoman LOL I pulled it back up and left the club, never to return.Woman LOL

download.jpg

One of mine is similar to yours.   I was a more petite young lady back in the day (20-ish), I was wearing a camisole top at Disney, no bra.   At the end of the Space Mountain it was around my waist!    The young man who got me out of my seat never blinked an eye.

The other one was recently.   I was given one of those little hand sanitizers from Bath & Body for Christmas, it fastens around my handbag strap.    I didn't know it but it came open and I tucked that handbag up under my arm and it wasn't until later that I noticed I had sparkly blue gunk on my blouse under my arm.    I knew I smelled somthing but had no idea where it was coming from.

I miss discos.

@lolakimono

Honored Contributor

Mine is not a wardrobe malfunction, let's say it's a me malfunction.  Years ago when I was in High School, I was walking home with a friend on the busy street in our neighborhood.  We were passing the bank and there was a brown bag on the ground which my feet got tangled in and I ended up falling on my knees.  Oh, my girlfriend bust of laughing and I wanted to cry but didn't.  My knees were scraped and bloody.  I bet it looked funny when it was happening but not to me down on my knees!  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I was at a dance w/DH and had an elastic 2 pc skirt and top. DH was twirling me around and my skirt twirled to the ground without me-I was standing in my halfslip.

1 of DH's friends at our table laughed so hard he fell out of his chair, and kept on laughing.