Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Saturday, June 17th

Hello shopping friends, it remains hot and humid here and there is a threat of severe storms some time this afternoon into evening.  I didn't bother doing the grocery shopping on the way home from work last night - why buy perishables if I could lose power?

Grass didn't grow much so even without the humidity and occasional rain we've been having, I'm okay with skipping the lawn mowing this weekend.

I think I am going to make the trip to the Salvation Army to donate the summer clothes I packed up last weekend.  Then it's off to the recycling center and stop at Little Caesar's for a pizza.

I know, I lead such an exciting life, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Saturday, June 17th

hello Ladies, thanks for starting Bernie..you lead just an exciting life as I do...but  you are up one ahead of me as far as excitement goes at least you get to go to the recycling center trash guys come and pick ours up.

It's another rainy,humid,foggy day here,same expected till at least Monday.   I was out to the store early and it was pretty crowded,picked  up a whole cooked chicken for tonight.

That's about all from here.......Yankees game not on till 4pm but I sure can find a lot to do till then.......but will I??        HAve a nice day everyone........Marijane 

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we had thunderstorms last night & got an inch of rain on top of the 1/2" that we got on Thursday..  It is supposed to rain this afternoon & evening.  Tomorrow should be 70's & nice.  I need to do a little decluttering to my closet & donate.  

The balloon rally has been a bust so far.  Last night they didn't go up because of the wind & it was too hot for me to go to the night glow.  The thunderstorms woke me up at 4:00 a.m. & then I couldn't get back to sleep.  I got up at 5:00 & woke my DH up at 5:30 so we could see the balloons go up at 6:00.  It was too windy to take off & then land.  We went for breakfast & then I hung 3 large loads of laundry outside.  Right now it is sunny & they are drying nicely.  I want to go to the car show & arts/crafts show but I am afraid to venture too far away just in case it does rain.

My life is boring so far today too.

DD & family are coming down tomorrow & we are all going to the Italian restaurant in town.  Right now pasta is Christopher's best friend.  He is having a hard time opening his mouth too wide.  He starts his summer job on Monday & is excited.  It is his first summer job.  Hopefully, it will be a good learning experience.

I am looking forward to a few beach days next week now that it isn't so hot.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

marijane,  our recyclables get picked up too.  My DH wants to know what is wrong with your Yankees.  We are having above normal temps for about a week with 70's tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

marijane, we were posting at the same time.   Our recyclables get picked up too.  My DH wants to know what is wrong with your Yankees.  After having above normal temps for about a week it will be in the  70's for about a week starting tomorrow.  For some reason my tablet posted before I wanted it to.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

TWinny,that's the 64'000$  question....what's going on with the Yanks....they had been doing pretty well till they went out to  the West Coast......seems like they get a lead then fall apart.    Also the 10pm start is a killer for us..at least today they are on at 4pm.    Hope you get to see your balloon show today .

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I certainly don't lead a very exciting life, so don't feel alone in that department.  Hope the storms are not too severe, and you do not lose power.  Enjoy your pizza.  I was wondering what you do with the leftovers since I assume you are just eating it yourself.  I have frozen leftovers, but I am not usually that pleased with the reheated pizza.

Hi Marijane.  Enjoy the cooked chicken for dinner.  Sorry your weather isn't too nice and the stores were crowded.  They were crowded yesterday afternoon here.  

Sorry to hear about the balloon festival, twinny.  Hope you have a nice day with your DD and family tomorrow.

I did make it to the pool yesterday afternoon, and it was nice.  DH was fine except for his eyes again.  The eye drops helped a lot.  I was thinking about going to a monthly coffee get-together with one of my newcomers groups this morning, but I decided I didn't want to go so that I could get some work down around here.  They are predicting such hot weather that I want to get as much done as possible in the morning.  I'll be visiting DH later, and I have already started laundry.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

When I order a pizza, I end up eating it for 2 days.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon, I left early this morning to make an early appointment for hair cut in the city followed by grocery shopping in WalMart. I was very focused so I only spent an hour in WalMart. I got back home by 1pm, so I just finished having lunch at  home. We've had storms every day and more are expected this evening.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

https://www.funscrape.com/Most_Used_Comments/Saturday/6/