Contributor

If an item sells out and you are on the waitlist, then someone changes their mind and it's available again, do the people on the waitlist get that item first or whomever has the fastest fingers and purchases it again? The item I am waiting for was sold out then on a wait list then sold out again, then I see it back on the waitlist..wait..what... so it was available again? I hapen to know that the item I am waiting for will not be made again so is the waitlist a waste of time? Why offer waitlist?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I believe Waitlist orders are filled first.

Honored Contributor

Twice over the years I happened to see an item come up in my size and color that I had on waitlist.  So I beat my own waitlist order, so to speak.  I honestly don't know if this is their standard practice.  Those were just items I was stalking and I rarely do that.  My suggestion is if you are really wanting an item, check every couple hours.

Honored Contributor

I don't think any of us customers are intimately familiar with the intricacies of the Q wait-list system.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't think any of us customers are intimately familiar with the intricacies of the Q wait-list system.

I agree that it's probably at the whim of whomever is in charge any given day, and therefore not a standard practice.

I have a quick waitlist question, how does the waitlist work on food purchases?  I ordered a 12 bottle wine set on a waitlist, does that mean they get new fresh bottles from the vendor or they will send me used and returned wine?  I assume that since its a food item you cant give someone used food or safety purposes, however, I just want to make sure. I did order the same product prior to it being waitlisted but the order had to be canceled because QVC never shipped the item, I'm assuming that because CA is shut down because of COVID-19 and they were unable to get the item.  When i went to re-order it was on waitlist, do we think it will be used wine or fresh bottles from the vendor?  I apologize if this is a stupid question, just want to confirm because if it's used I'll cancel it.

Honored Contributor

Used wine?  That brings up one very unpleasant image.  I'm thinking you are speaking of bottles that are returned.  No way could they send those out again.  Tampering issues.  So I'm sure the waitlist is covering cancelled check orders and things like that.

Honored Contributor

Food items are not returned. I'm sure it's the same for wine. Especially open bottles.