Honored Contributor

Re: WINTER FASHION FOR TRAVEL

@Smartgrannie2003 ...........I dont find much on Q that is what I consider true winter wear.  IMO what they show are spring and fall weight items.   I dont consider terry cloth sweatshirts winter wear for example.  This has me shopping elsewhere for winter weight clothes.

But I think  resort wear that you want may be a good option for many.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if that's really necessary.  While I get what you are saying I feel l can just shop in my closet for any climate.   For instance we just returned from a river boat cruise in Portugal where the weather was quite warm, mid 70's to low 80's daily.   Returned home for this week then traveling again on Sunday up to Canada where it will be on the chilly side.

Just pack what is needed for your destination.

Sorry to sound snotty, I do own enough clothing for an army, LOL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Macy's always had a "resort wear" section online but haven't for a few years.

My husband and I always went to Florida every March and it was nice shopping from that section.

Honored Contributor

I'm delighted to be rid of hot weather and am not in the mood to see summer clothing.  Buy it when you get to Florida or wherever.  QVC has plenty of leftover summer clothing currently in inventory.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I totally understand wanting to see resort clothing for a winter trip. When my hubby and I used to go on a winter vacation I always wanted to buy some new items. The clothing I had from previous summer just didn't seem "good" enough or they were well worn etc. It usually meant a trip to the mall or downtown to try on clothing. These days, much easier to find resort clothing on line from many sources. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

How far in advance do you know you will be traveling? QVC has tons of clothes that could go year round, but I often find myself buying things with the idea that this is what I'm going to be taking with me on my winter trip. I even get to wear it a couple of times before I go; sometimes I realize I don't want to take it after all.

Shoes are a good example, better not to have any big surprises. 

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I love the idea of QVC presenting clothes for HOT weather.

You know they never feature it.

Never is a very strong word, and I don't think it applies here.

Honored Contributor

When we take a winter vacation, I just shop my summer closet.  I don't buy new clothes for a two week vacation.  

Honored Contributor

Years ago, QVC did have “resort wear”. I think it was in the early 2000s.

There was a brand I recall called “Club Paradise.” I still have one of the “Hawaiian” shirts that was part of a 2 piece set.
Trusted Contributor

We usually take a January vacation.  This year it will be a cruise.  When I pack away my summer clothes I designate a box and label it "vacation."  That way I have most of my cruise clothing separated and ready.