Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHERE DID THE INCHES GO?

I am either one extreme or the other.  I will realize it is 2pm and I haven't eaten yet or else  I'm eating like a death row inmate.

It must balance out, clothes fit the same.

Honored Contributor

i don't eat a lot of carbs or sugar.  So I stay pretty much the same.  I usually just eat twice a day.  Breakfast and dinner.  Hardly ever any lunch.  Doesnt' matter if it's fine outside or a lock down.  Just never really gain any weight. And the exercise doesn't affect it very much.

Honored Contributor

In June my dh and I began our walking routine that we used to do. Just started because I felt I needed to exercise more, not necessarily to lose any weight. I haven't weighed myself (because I tend to become a fanatic about the numbers). Had my yearly doctor visit last week and I lost 30lbs! I knew I was losing because of the fit (or nonfit) of my clothes. Now I'm on a mission. I want to lose 20 more lbs. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I have a coworker who lost 50 lbs. in the three months that we were teleworking. Normally she ordered take-out delivery to the office for lunch every day. At home, she couldn't do that (she lives way out in the boonies). She was 300+ lbs. prior.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I don't own a scale and when I went to the doctor's the other day I weighed the same.

While working from home, I don't snack during the day and only eat 2 or 3 meals a day, so that has prevented adding unwanted pounds.  My co-workers have complained about gaining weight because of snacking all day.

Respected Contributor

From Lock Down to the first of July I gained 6 pounds.

I baked every day. The menu could be banana nut bread, brownies, baked potatoes, What-a-Burger and fries and always bread.

So hubby and I started eating clean with controlled carbs and no sugar. We have both lost 18 pounds. I have always been fortunate to not gain weight easily but my body was out of wack. When hubby wants to lose weight, I always refer him to the South Beach guide to carbs and he gets the memory jolt in food selection. 

After retirement and relocating, I had a PCP tell me its ok to add a few pounds as we age. NO! 

I recently read that walking (or any exercise) is as much for mental health as physical. For me the weight loss was as much mental as physical.

Honored Contributor

My weight has remained stable. Our eating habits are about the same as before.

Before the pandemic we would eat out once or twice a month. Now we order carry out instead. We are doing more baking, but that hasn’t added pounds for me. My husband has gained a few pounds though. He loves his snack foods, but I don’t usually snack between meals. I don’t eat big meals either. We both love sweets & desserts but we try not to overdo that. We only have candy in the house during holidays.