Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 18)

Greetings, shoppiing friends. I have been watching the jewelry shows, which in the good old days would have tempted me. I have a large selection, most of which is not worn as I don't wear jewelry at home. 

I received the tumbler I ordered from Amazon when the TSV tumblers failed. It has been 3 hours so far, and the coffee is still very hot. I'll check the coffee again in 3 hours as that is the the maximum time given for hot liquids. The TSV tumbler's coffee was lukewarm at 3 hours. I like this tumbler as it can be used as a tumbler, or you can add a handle to it for ease in lifting and drinking which is a plus when driving. This tumbler also has a stainless steel straw to use if needed, plus a brush to clean the straw. Great tumbler!!

I'll be spending all of the Christmas break doing household things. The fabric fold up organizers I got from Amazon are very nice, and will be part of the project. Right now, I am tired from the morning work and will be going to read, followed by a final review of my Walmart grocery pickup for tomorrow.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 18)

Hi Everyone!

I'm off to a slow start today so the card shopping has now put on Sunday's "to do" list. We received 9-12" of snow depending on your area. More snow is in the forecast for the next three days. So far, it's the light, fluffy stuff so it's manageable. 

I'm trying the Kohl's same day pickup no contac option for one last gift. I have my fingers crossed that this works. 

I have a couple of packages to open and one package that is still on a slow turtle. The tracking info is frozen on the same old message I received on Tuesday. It must be stuck at the local post office if this info is correct. I hope it arrives by tomorrow. Fingers rossed.

Today I am taking it easy. I may do a few little things but not much. Not feeling a lot of energy today so maybe I'll watch a few jewelry shows. I love to window shop as much as shop. I just like to see what all is out in the market it doesn't matter if it's jewelry or towels. 

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I do hope you are not coming down with some bug. It is so unusual for you not to be busy doing different things. I've never tried the Kohls no contact service but I am sure it will go well. I do hope that turtle that has your package slow to be delivered will find its way to  you with a sudden burst of speed.

I spent the afternoon reading as my energy level wasn't at a high level today. I am drinking coffee that was put in the Amazon tumbler almost six hours ago. It is hot! This will work well for me in the car when on long drives, or perhaps at home but it was purchased primarily for the car.

I see that we might have a rare White Christmas If so, it is good that I had no plans to go anywhere.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I ordered one of those tumblers from Amazon, but I took the slow delivery (so I will get a digital credit), and it will not arrive until after Christmas. 

Sounds like a good day for you to take it easy and  read.  Glad you didn't have any travel plans for Christmas since it might snow.  I remember a snowy Christmas years ago, and it was pretty sad for me since my ex and I had trouble driving out to DD's house and ended up going back home.  I missed seeing my grands open their gifts that year.  But, I know some really love a white Christmas.

Sorry you are not very energetic today, Fressa.  Hope all your orders work out.

I have not watched any jewelry shows today.   In fact, I haven't watched anything on TV so far. 

This morning, I finished up my hospice mailings, and did most of an exercise DVD.  I was supposed to have a phone appointment with a financial person, but he hasn't called yet, and it is nearly three hours since our scheduled time.  I called and got his voice mail.  Not happy with this guy who was the one who insisted on making an appointment rather than talking when he called on Monday.  I am back from a nice walk -- it was a little chilly and windy, but plenty of sun.

"My" patient passed away yesterday morning.  Apparently, she took a turn for the worse on Wednesday, so it was quick.  I am sorry that I was not able to visit with her since COVID, but I am glad she didn't suffer much and made it to 101 years. 

I think I might have mentioned something about the libraries, and yesterday they sent an e-mail saying that no one will be allowed to go in the library (no computer use, etc.).  While it might be possible to pick up books (if you make arrangements), they suggested you not do so for a while and urged use of their e library instead.  Not a surprise, but another sign of how bad the virus is getting in the area.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda