Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried the new Victoria Beckham Collection from Target? Most of it has sold out. Looks like many people bought multiples because it's now on eBay for double, sometimes triple the original price. 

I was lucky enough to get the black top with the white scalloped edge going down the front (sort of off side, not center) and hemline. Very well made and so chic. I normally wear a small but sized up because I feared it might run small, but I could have worn the small no problem. The medium is a little big, but I can live with that because it's that cute. I might just have it tailored a little for a perfect fit. I hope they get more in stock. I will definitely buy more.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Victoria Beckham Collection

I bought a pile of it online and it's just arrived. Very well made and some of the pieces are dead-ringers for her $$$ collection.

I like the black textured top and matching pants, white tuxedo shirt, navy blue sweatshirt, lace dress, bee scarf. Many of the pieces were too whimisical to suit my  pared-down style and many of the dresses were simply too short,  but there were some gems. 

I hope she does a second collection (doubt it) that includes sweaters and skirts. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Hi gardensla....I wish I would have purchased more. I think they're well made and the black and white pieces will always be in style. I might purchase one of the floral tops from eBay. I just hate paying the secondary market prices.

Enjoy the pieces you purchased and if you get a minute, please post what you think all in all. Have a great weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes

I think there will be plenty of returns both from regular shoppers and ebay vultures.

My overall impression is that while there are a few pieces that fit her style, I find it difficult to envision Victoria Beckham wearing the more whimsical pieces. There were too many signature prints and marquee pieces that are fun for a few wearings, but probably not for the long haul. At these prices, that's fine, but a few more grown-up looks and pieces that would still feel fresh by the end of summer would have been appreciated. And, not all of us want to sport a Mommy and Me look. Also, I'm pretty evenly propotioned and found many things to be cut tight in the hips. Finally, there were too few skirts, too few really summery tops (so much of this feels heavy, especially the damask pieces), and too many too short dresses!

I was disappointed to not find well made, cut for curves, wardrobe basics such as the ones she actually wears. 

All that said, I know a year from now I will still love my tuxedo shirt, bee print scarf, black sweater with white trim, and the black pants!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

@gardensla Thanks for the great critique on the collection. I hope you wear them all in good health. Happy Easter.

Trusted Contributor

I got 2 dresses for my 9 yr old granddaughter. My daughter says the material in nice quality.