Honored Contributor

Re: Turtlenecks. And double chin

[ Edited ]

Yes, you can wear a crew neck with a scarf.  I used to wear turtlenecks with my many chins (not to be confused with mini chins) and they served to camouflage, but as time has marched on, no more camouflage with turtleneck.....scarves, my choice.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not have a double chin but, I have a full round face so turtle necks are not that flattering on me. I do however like cowl necks they look better on me. mock necks are a no go for me too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have a double chin or anything like that.  I hate and won't wear turtle necks because I hate anything around my neck.  My husband and my younger sister have the same problem as me.....nothing snug around my neck.   I've tried them and all through the day at work, I would tug at my neckline.  I have the same problem with scarves.  I don't own any for the same reason.  Even in winter, with heavy scarves......I can't wear them.

Respected Contributor

I used to wear turtlenecks all the time. Then I realized I honestly looked like a turtle,lol.. I have a small head & very round body. I stopped, & now wear a V neck or just open collar. I love the look of turtlenecks & a jacket, but it's not the look I need at my size. 

Trusted Contributor

I have trouble with turtlenecks because I have too short a neck.  Have to roll down three times to wear.  Prefer mocknecks.  Stand up shirt collars also  a problem as my hairline is always lower than the top of the collars and makes my hair either stand straight out or poof up.  

Valued Contributor

I can't wear turtlenecks because I am too jowly.  It just draws so much attention to that part of my face. Highlights it.  NOT a good look.  Forget the neck. I'll have to find something else!