Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

When checking garment measurements here - pay attention to the "sweep" and keep it within just a few inches of your hip measurement.  I would estimate that no more than 4" larger than hip measurement for wearing ease.

For less than 4" ... make sure there are side slits.

I agree with @ALRATIBA's suggestion that you check the sweep measurement (and also the length, so you have an idea of where the length is on you and that you stay close to your body measurement (including pants) so the material doesn't stick out.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@AutumnJan

You're throwing me off when you say you want to cover your missing hips and butt. A straight tunic would accentuate the fact that you're not so shapely. Is that what you want?

Fine minds @Andreatoo...

I also have a very straight shape--no hips or butt and wide shoulders. I always look for A line shaped to balance my proportions. 

Honored Contributor

If you see something you really likeh a tailor hcan help  you make it fit ,the way you want it to

Esteemed Contributor

Check out Zulily (On line and part of the QVC family).  If that does not work do what I do try Walmart.  Styles change and quality can be had anywhere.  

Contributor

Re: Tunics -NEED help

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo No...When I wear a straight tunic it looks normal on me. When the tunic has a flair to the hips it looks odd on me. The flair should help me but it doesn't. The flair accentuates my non-hip shapeless figure. Smiley Surprised(

Contributor

@bonnielu I didn't know that about Zulilly...I just found some tops that might fit me! YAY!

Esteemed Contributor

Does it have to be from QVC?  I too have no hips or butt and I have long legs.  My hips are only 3” bigger than my waist and I love it because I live in leggings & skinny jeans.  We have the best JCP in our small town with cute clothes.  I’ve also got some at Kohls and even Ross.  I love Lisa Rinna and have a couple of hers too.

Super Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 No hips here too. Sometimes I enjoy a more “girly” silhouette that a flared tunic gives. Not always. I have both and also a good alterations lady who has fixed a few for me.