Honored Contributor

It's not about age. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Too old for camo print?

[ Edited ]

@GypsyKarma wrote:

Very nice.... is this you Peaches? If so, you look beautiful.

I wish! That's a lady named Deborah Boland, who runs the blog Fabulous After 40. I get lots of good ideas from that blog.

I'm older, but she and I have similar coloring, and builds - so if something looks good on her, it might be something I could wear.

I also love Style at a Certain Age by Beth Djalali. 

Jo-Lynne Shane and Cindi Spivey each have nice blogs aimed at midlife fashion (casual). 

My favorite fashion site is The Vivienne Files. Great for building capsules and wardrobes around favorite, flattering colors (taken from art, nature, etc.). 

Respected Contributor

GypsyKarma, You tempted me and I caved.,lol. The olive is on it he way to me. It will be perfect for fall in NC.  By the way, I named my newest rescue dog Gypsy. She was running for about 4 weeks around my neighborhood and clearly had been on her own longer. Gypsy seemed to be the perfect name. 

Valued Contributor

I view camo as just another print like animal print.  I don't think it will look bad and I think any age can wear it depending on how it is put together.    When I think age appropriate, to me the only rule is when you show too much "old stuff" you should not be showing.  Its not about print, color, or even style,  but if your clothes are too tight and revealing it looks bad if you don't have the figure for it. 

Honored Contributor

I love modified camo print.  I have some lllemon jogger pants that are in camo print, and I love them--tons of compliments off of them.  They look cute with booties!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

It's not about age. 

ITA

It's all about how you pull them off and if you can pull them off.  I'm not super young, and I wear camo and look fabulous in camo, LOL!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@GypsyKarma

I never liked camo, feeling it was for the armed forces and feeling it looked aggressive on the non military.  However, I bought two items from Lori Goldstein in camo that are wonderful.  Two are in a pink combo that is really just an appealing pattern, and two in green that again, are playful and respectful rather than aggressive.  So I don't feel the agitation one might feel about some unstable person in full military imitation!!

Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

GypsyKarma, You tempted me and I caved.,lol. The olive is on it he way to me. It will be perfect for fall in NC.  By the way, I named my newest rescue dog Gypsy. She was running for about 4 weeks around my neighborhood and clearly had been on her own longer. Gypsy seemed to be the perfect name. 

Birkin, so glad you liked it too. I also ordered the olive but it looks like the grey was the most popular choice.  I will have to keep an eye out to see the reviews.

Rescue pets are the best and bless you for adopting her into your family.

Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@GypsyKarma

I never liked camo, feeling it was for the armed forces and feeling it looked aggressive on the non military.  However, I bought two items from Lori Goldstein in camo that are wonderful.  Two are in a pink combo that is really just an appealing pattern, and two in green that again, are playful and respectful rather than aggressive.  So I don't feel the agitation one might feel about some unstable person in full military imitation!!

Justice, I agree that camo head to toe would intimidate me too. I do think the top I ordered is done well as far as the size/scale of the print.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a hunter and no longer military, I'm just tired of camo.  Nothing about age.