Valued Contributor

There is a woman of very mature years at my gym who wears thong underwear. I did a double take when I saw her in the locker room. I never expected a woman probably in her 70's to be wearing that! I don't know what to think of it. I don't wear them. I supposed only young girls wore them.

Super Contributor
On 4/3/2014 tdog said:

There is a woman of very mature years at my gym who wears thong underwear. I did a double take when I saw her in the locker room. I never expected a woman probably in her 70's to be wearing that! I don't know what to think of it. I don't wear them. I supposed only young girls wore them.

70??? Very scary vision.....

Contributor

Many Americans think they are unsanitary because Americans are unsanitary with the lack of bidets. Not using a bidet makes ALL underwear unsanitary. Otherwise, why anyone cares what another person chooses as underwear is beyond me. Butt out. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor
On 4/2/2014 nikkimom said:

No they wear them just because they are supposedly comfortable and sexy Smiley Happy My younger sister wears them.

Mine does too. I hate thong underwear. Ugggh and uncomfortable

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Thong underwear? No. Just no.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/3/2014 Ireland said:

Many Americans think they are unsanitary because Americans are unsanitary with the lack of bidets. Not using a bidet makes ALL underwear unsanitary. Otherwise, why anyone cares what another person chooses as underwear is beyond me. Butt out. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I find it interesting that, unlike many other countries around the world, the United States has not adopted the bidet. When my niece was having her home built, she chose to have a bidet installed in one of the bathrooms, but they are such a rarity.

I wonder why?

Occasional Contributor
On 4/3/2014 songbird said:

It prevents pantie lines. I wear them sometimes. The young wear them. Older women avoid them. Doesn't bother me.

Panty lines indicate the person is at least wearing underwear.

Honored Contributor
All my daughters (grown) wear them but I have never figured out how they could possibly be comfortable. looks like permanent wedgie to me!
Contributor
On 4/3/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 4/3/2014 Ireland said:

I find it interesting that, unlike many other countries around the world, the United States has not adopted the bidet. When my niece was having her home built, she chose to have a bidet installed in one of the bathrooms, but they are such a rarity.

I wonder why?

Good question; I don't know the why, either.

Valued Contributor

Often, when I see women's lines in their clothes, it's their thong underwear. What it looks like is, that they're wearing an old fashioned sanitary napkin belt.

I also can't imagine why people want to wear a strip of elastic in their crack.