Frequent Contributor

Re: The dress Lisa wore last night can be found at Nordstrom's for $2,990.00

I think Lisa looked amazing. I don't see the big deal about a $3000 dollar dress. I'm sure she can afford it. Good for her!

Super Contributor

I don't think the point is that she didn't look good in it. The dress was more expensive than it looked at least in my opinion. It's just a khaki and white dress with black trim on the front and it cost $3000. I think she got gypped. And good grief, we all know she can afford it. She lets her audience know that all the time. Pretentious and she wasn't always that way either. When she first started out she was very sweet and humble. Now it's ladies who lunch and high end and Louboutins.
Super Contributor

The dress is alright, she looks nice in it, however it is nothing special and certainly not worth that price. IMO Lisa has gotten so far from what she was when she first came to QVC. I know she has many fans, but I am so over her and her schtick. I don't find her very credible at all now, for many reasons.

Of course she makes a lot of money and that is nice. However it's what she has become that I find distasteful. She seems so obsessed with material things and is all about designer names and her name dropping. I think it's vulgar to flaunt what she has like she does so often. She seems so superficial and pretentious to me now.

Super Contributor

On 3/30/2014 SusyQ22a said: I don't think the point is that she didn't look good in it. The dress was more expensive than it looked at least in my opinion. It's just a khaki and white dress with black trim on the front and it cost $3000. I think she got gypped. And good grief, we all know she can afford it. She lets her audience know that all the time. Pretentious and she wasn't always that way either. When she first started out she was very sweet and humble. Now it's ladies who lunch and high end and Louboutins.

Exactly. And is that really an image that the average Q shopper can relate to? Not me nor do I aspire to it. I love fashion but I love bargains too and I'm a mix and match sort of dresser. If I were wearing $3000 designer dresses I would have no use for the Q, HSN, Macys or second-hand stores, now would I?

Valued Contributor

Good for Lisa. If she likes the dress that's really all that matters.

I don't think QVC should force or write into the contracts of the female hosts that they must wear QVC clothing only. They don't carry men's clothing so they would be asking the female's to follow a different set of guidelines. I bet that wouldn't set well with most of the female hosts. just my opinion...

Super Contributor

Yes but if the hosts won't even wear the clothes why should the audience? If its not good enough for the hosts it shouldn't be good enough for the audience.
Valued Contributor

QVC is not exclusively a fashion network...

Super Contributor

On 3/30/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

True, but I think when the fashion part is on that hosts should be wearing what is featured. After all if its not good enough for them why should the audience buy the clothes?
Valued Contributor

On 3/30/2014 SusyQ22a said:
On 3/30/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

True, but I think when the fashion part is on that hosts should be wearing what is featured. After all if its not good enough for them why should the audience buy the clothes?

I would say that most of the female hosts do exactly what you are asking. Lisa, for example tries on most of the tops shown on PM style. Jane tries on every pair of shoes during Shoe Shopping with Jane or whatever the show is called. The models are there for a reason.

Super Contributor

I'm sure she can more than afford it. She makes a fantastic salary and only has herself to worry about. Good for her. Even if I had the money, I would never spend $3,000 on a dress, handbag, piece of jewelry, watch, etc. To me, it's just throwing money away.