Respected Contributor

The cold shoulder Top David's co-host is wearing today 10/22/17

I think her name is Stacy ?  I am not a fan of cold shoulder tops, not at any time of year. My shoulders would feel cold no matter what time of year I wore it.  The top she has on is a cold shoulder but there are large fabric stitches in each shoulder opening as if they were attempting to stitch the opening back together.  Wow, first time I've seen this style but not very flattering in my opinion. My eyes go right to those big stitches. I'm not saying anything negative about Stacy, I think she is a great host, just don't care for the cold shoulder craze. Are you a Yea or Nay ?  

Super Contributor

Re: The cold shoulder Top David's co-host is wearing today 10/22/17

Definite NAY.

I've never seen a cold shoulder top that looks attractive to me.  Same with split sleeves.  I got a split sleeve blouse once and spent all my time trying to hold the sleeves together the one time I tried to wear it.  Heaven knows what I would do with a cold shoulder top...probably put a jacket over it and deal with the discomfort of the extra seams under the jacket.

Honored Contributor

I'm not at all a fan of the cold shoulder style, and even less a fan of the one Stacey had on today.  Just don't care for the style on any that I've ever seen.  JMHO.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I think her name is Stacy ?  I am not a fan of cold shoulder tops, not at any time of year. My shoulders would feel cold no matter what time of year I wore it.  The top she has on is a cold shoulder but there are large fabric stitches in each shoulder opening as if they were attempting to stitch the opening back together.  Wow, first time I've seen this style but not very flattering in my opinion. My eyes go right to those big stitches. I'm not saying anything negative about Stacy, I think she is a great host, just don't care for the cold shoulder craze. Are you a Yea or Nay ?  

That cold shoulder sweatshirt with the shoe laces is by Peach Love World.  I don’t own any cold shoulders myself, but this is actually the first one I have seen (it was a couple weeks ago now) that I “may” purchase. Much more my style. I think it’s funky, cool and comfy looking - different and definitely not for most I would say. But me, it caught my eye. For the cold winter month’s in WI here I would wear something like the new Spanx long sleeve top underneath to prevent the shoulder draft.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The host this morning before Leah 's show sweater was a heavy ivory cable knit with bell sleeves that touched her fingertips and then had 2 big holes in the shoulder.  It was a very silly look. She had to keep throwing her arms back to free her hands. 

Regular Contributor

I like it.  In fact, I was just thinking it would be cute on my daughter.

Esteemed Contributor

@dal23 wrote:

I like it.  In fact, I was just thinking it would be cute on my daughter.

With the stitching on the shoulder it takes away from the stark look of a sweater with a gaping hole and gives it a look of interest which is a much better look.

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

The host this morning before Leah 's show sweater was a heavy ivory cable knit with bell sleeves that touched her fingertips and then had 2 big holes in the shoulder.  It was a very silly look. She had to keep throwing her arms back to free her hands. 

@hopi that's the never-ending Gili sweater.  It's hideous.  It keeps reappearing over, and over, and over again.

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

Funny

I'm glancing quickly through the topic titles ... and I thought this said David was wearing a cold shoulder top!

Smiley LOL