Trusted Contributor

Re: The Scarf Cape- Yay or Nay?

Yes!  Yes!   I would wear.  I am a scarf wearer.  Adds texture and color.  

Honored Contributor

These always look great on models who are standing still.  It's been my experience with these things that once I start moving, I lose control of the garment.  Especially if they are a slippery type of fabric - too much futzing to keep them in place.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

YAY!!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Esteemed Contributor

Nay... it would be driving me crazy dropping off my shoulders every few minutes. A big thumbs down for me.

Honored Contributor

Nay for me, as with the split pants thread, just all that fabric flapping around. In the way and never looks neat and tidy.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

What gorgeous prints.  I can see this very dressy (to throw over the shoulder of a simple gown) or super casual with jeans.  Certainly not something I would wear for work so think it's perfect for those who are retired.  Not sure it would look good on my busty frame but I think I may get one for my mom.  She would think it a fun accessory. Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

This could possibly be a good  idea for those restaurant who put the a/c too high for patrons.  I know the workers scurring around love the a/c, but just setting there....

Honored Contributor

It's not a style I would wear.

Honored Contributor

If they have sleeves they're just like a couple of kimono style wraps that I have but I don't wear them as scarves and I can't imagine doing so but then I'm not a scarf wearer. But being that I have two similar pieces I guess the answer is yes? Nothing wrong with scarves I just haven't a clue what to do with them!

Honored Contributor

I'm not into scarfs OR capes so a scarf cape is a double nay for me, lol. Too much extra fabric equals unnecessary bulk.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~