Respected Contributor

Even ISAAC is mostly all knit and spandex

Seems most Q clothing is all about covering up...lots of knit, polyester and spandex. 

Isaac was my go to, as he used to offer a lot in cotton.

Not anymore. Eerything is knit and loaded with spandex. Hate both and spandex feels like rubber.

Last nite he showed a jean jacket with a big boxy cut and full of spandex.

See ya' Isaac! 

QVC is just not for me anymore in clothing.

Regular Contributor

Re: Even ISAAC is mostly all knit and spandex

I agree with you 100%. I am sick of spandex in all of the tops. It does feel and look like rubber, it does not breathe and feels horrible here in Arizona. Spandex also causes fabric to pill and look old. I shop at Kohls, Blair, Chadwicks where I can get 100% cotton or a cotton/poly blend. Spandex----yuck. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree, I have always disliked Spandex. Your right, it doesn't breath. I hate it in denim also, but tops, forget it. Most of the material on the Q, just looks and feels cheaper, but the prices are going higher. I usually never return anything, but lately that's all I am doing. I love cotton. I used to live in Az and now Ga. around the house I wear white v neck men's T shirts. They aren't costly and are the coolest thing to wear working around the yard, and I don't have to worry about them because they cost nothing to replace. It's very difficult anymore to find all cotton tops. Isaac does have a few that I have purchased and I a miss very happy with them.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, I have always disliked Spandex. Your right, it doesn't breath. I hate it in denim also, but tops, forget it. Most of the material on the Q, just looks and feels cheaper, but the prices are going higher. I usually never return anything, but lately that's all I am doing. I love cotton. I used to live in Az and now Ga. around the house I wear white v neck men's T shirts. They aren't costly and are the coolest thing to wear working around the yard, and I don't have to worry about them because they cost nothing to replace. It's very difficult anymore to find all cotton tops. Isaac does have a few that I have purchased and I am very happy with them.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree re spandex.  Anything over 5% I cannot wear.  I notice so many designers are using lots of spandex.  TSV yesterday crop pants was 8% just awful to wear in hot weather feels like rubber as one poster said - not for me.

Honored Contributor

I suspect the Q buyers control nearly every aspect of the clothing being sold.

I recall when Pamela Dennis had her show on HSN she made it very clear that, while she may have designed the clothing, the buyers had definite demands like 'everything has to be stretchy' !!

Honored Contributor

Cotton jean jackets at Talbots; t-shirts from LL Bean!

Esteemed Contributor

At least the designs on QVC are nicer than what's in a bricks and mortar store. Both the Isaac Mizrahi NYC clothes and the Halston clothes at Hudson's Bay in Canada are boxy looking and unappealing. I'm not sure how well they sell at HBC but I suspect that this line will be disappearing from Hudson's Bay soon.

Respected Contributor

Agree....but I also dislike that every pair of pants QVC sells is pull on. What happened to pants with side zippers. They fit much better.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Cotton jean jackets at Talbots; t-shirts from LL Bean!

As the prices for pure cotton rises, afraid we'll continue to see blends. 

As for Isaac, anyone notice his LOGO-ist tee w/ at the hemline? What's up with that?