Honored Contributor

50% off the entire site right now. 

That is just unbelievable.. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting this.  I don't think I've ever seen 50% off at Talbot's.

JJill has good sales going on now, as does NYDJ.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  It's a very good sale. 

Hope they can improve shipping times.  I'm waiting on an order from April.  I placed an order for pickup yesterday and it's ready today.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@gidgetgh  It's a very good sale. 

Hope they can improve shipping times.  I'm waiting on an order from April.  I placed an order for pickup yesterday and it's ready today.

@Bri369 - I'm concerned about Talbots. I have shopped there since I was 5 and we lived outside Boston and shopped at the flagship store in Hingham.

It would break my heart if they couldn't survive.  I've shopped with them throughout the various weights I've been.  I so appreciated that when I was a 3x, they had clothes that I was proud to wear when I didn't feel good about my appearance. 

And now that I'm no longer a plus size, I'm still just as loyal to them. 

I placed an order for more of their basic leggings.  Navy was showing in stock. Black was showing out of stock till August.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I ordered from them a couple of months ago, and the entire website was 50% off at that time, too.  I always order two sizes in tops so had a few things to return.  I waited until the stores reopened to return.  The sales associate told me that their warehouse had closed, and all of the different stores had been shipping out the orders.  She said they had been so busy while the stores were closed.  I noticed that everything that I ordered was shipped from a different store.  She also said that she didn't know when they would get new stuff in. 

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor
@gidgetgh That 50% off has been going on for a few days.

You'll be happy to know our stores have reopened! 👍🙂
Honored Contributor

It's a clearance sale because summer season is over, kaput.  They have to ditch these clothes because the fall inventory will be coming in.

I think it is the smart thing for them to do, and I hope people will take advantage of the sale!  It will help some people and help Talbots.

Super Contributor

The summer collection should be online on May 28. You should also get the print catalog by mail, if you usually get a catalog. You can see the summer collection on talbots lookbook summmer 2020 right now as well.

Juse is the big red door clearance but they have been having huge sales right along.

also  you can mail back your returns at no cost, because the stores are closed ( told to me by a phone rep.)

Respected Contributor
@Sooner wrote:

It's a clearance sale because summer season is over, kaput.  They have to ditch these clothes because the fall inventory will be coming in.

I think it is the smart thing for them to do, and I hope people will take advantage of the sale!  It will help some people and help Talbots.

They haven’t even gotten to their summer collection yet—this is all spring merchandise that has been around for several months. 

Honored Contributor
@donna71 As I posted above our Talbots have reopened.