Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots Summer Friends and Family Sale - 40% off everything

Or big leaves .... not my cuppa

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

I was at Talbots at 9:00 this morning, when they opened. I bought a few things including a pair of natural colored ankle jeans and this top.  I went specifically to look at this top as I have last year’s version and really like it. 

0DB8AEDD-276A-4580-B32F-AEB3B16A18AF.jpeg

Oh WOW @gidgetgh   Thanks so much for posting this.  I loved last year's version but kep waiting for more markdowns and then missed out on it!   I appreciate your posting this. Did you get a pineapple towel?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I was at Talbots at 9:00 this morning, when they opened. I bought a few things including a pair of natural colored ankle jeans and this top.  I went specifically to look at this top as I have last year’s version and really like it. 

0DB8AEDD-276A-4580-B32F-AEB3B16A18AF.jpeg

Oh WOW @gidgetgh   Thanks so much for posting this.  I loved last year's version but kep waiting for more markdowns and then missed out on it!   I appreciate your posting this. Did you get a pineapple towel?

@Pearlee - this is so pretty in person and is very soft. I’m trying to cut back on clothing purchases, but saw this online early this morning and wanted to get it. I didn’t buy one of the towels. I don’t really have a need for one.  It looked pretty though. I saw it on the counter. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   I just ordered the top in both pet and missy in my size, since I'm not at the store to try it on and since it's not long-sleeved (I don't think, which means sometimes the missy is better - I usually only buy petite for the sleeve length).  There were already quite a few sizes sold out online, making me doubly glad I read your post!

Good things come to those who miss out - I like this one even better than last year's!  That fabric is so darn pretty.  One of the clerks at T's bought last year's and wore it often and I always complimented her on how it looked. Those colors flatter anyone and the print/colors is so darn pretty!   Whichever one I keep, I'll think about your post every time I put it on!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Pearley, I'm all over that sale!  Now that I'm retired, I need some new casual clothes . . . . and maybe some  shoes . . .  and a new bag for summer . . .and, lemme see, what else?

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

Thanks, Pearley, I'm all over that sale!  Now that I'm retired, I need some new casual clothes . . . . and maybe some  shoes . . .  and a new bag for summer . . .and, lemme see, what else?

@VegasBusinessWoman   Pima cotton tees.  Love Talbots - great selection of colors - and they are a good price even before the 40% off! Perfect for retirees!

Honored Contributor

I wanted to give a recommendation if anyone is looking for any birthday or early Christmas ideas. 

I bought these earrings on Saturday.  They are so pretty in person, not too big. Regularly $29.50 so at 40% off, a great price. 

I’m  actually going back to Talbots this morning to buy 2 more pairs to put away for a birthday and Christmas gift. 

5453BFC2-B874-4529-B84F-5E017AE67065.jpeg

Honored Contributor

The store closest to me only had one pair of the earrings left so I’ll order another pair online.  I don’t feel like driving over to the other store in our area.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Those aren't sterling silver are they? (i.e. they are silver tone?)

Honored Contributor

I went to Talbots today for a look around.I am glad I did. So many of the tops were so sheer and paper thin. I won't buy anything like that

They would be a mass of wrinkles  in no time, and so sheer you would have to wear a cami

I think I might have seen the best of the seasons offerings..