Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 17)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. It is a gloomy day because of storms last night with more in the forecast along with the possinbility of flash flooding in some areas.

I spent the morning with my exercise and going through some things, and then went to town to get the mail and some groceries.

That is all the excitement in my life other than looking forward to more rain everyday this week. This is getting old.

No shopping other than groceries.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 17)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry about your gloomy weather.  DD said that they are having the same type of weather with the possibility of severe thunderstorms again tonight, tomorrow, and Wednesday nights.  Not fun.  You would definitely prefer our hot and dry weather -- high near 100 degrees with low humidity and no threat of rain for at least the next week.

I had a nice walk this morning and then went to my strong bones class (went fine),  Then I went to the bank to deposit the tax refund check that I got in the mail on Saturday afternoon.  Came home and did some plant watering.  I will probably go to the grocery store for a few things in a little while, and possibly go swimming this afternoon.  

My widows group was pretty good yesterday afternoon, so I have decided to continue going, at least for a while.

Youngest DGS is having his CAT scan today, and I'm hopeful they find no big problems with his lungs.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Trying to mellow out.   My husband is one week post operative status.  He had a one night stay in the hospital.   Some expected ups and downs but mainly having challenges dealing with "well meaning people".   Have asked everyone to text before calling to inquire if it was a convenient time.   Obviously naps are in play,  Most family/friends get it but still a couple of people that don't honor this or think it must not apply to them even after reminding them several times.  We have home health  here 6 days a week so phone contact with them is imperative for scheduling and so forth....just venting, thanks for listening.

Hope everyone is doing o.k.   Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

How frustrating, Gayle.  Really hope those people wise up, and your husband has a complete recovery.  Hugs,  Linda

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat     I think we are expecting rain a few days this week too.  The weather people mentioned that it's been the longest time since we had a dry weekend.  No sooner did they say that, they forecasted rain for this weekend too.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I hope that the CT scan results are 'unremarkable' for your youngest grandson.

Honored Contributor

Gayle @Gayle2     Thanks for updating us on your husband's surgery.  Vent any time that you need to.  There is 'well meaning' and there is 'hard headed' and it sounds like you are dealing with the latter. 

This is a stressful enough time without trying to accommodate inconsiderate behavior. 

My response would be to open the door, say I'm sorry that you didn't call or text first because this is not a good time.  Be careful going home and thanks for stopping by.  Then I would close the door and leave 'em on the front porch.

Honored Contributor

My sister had the day off of work today so we took in a movie.  We went to see John Wick 3 - Parabellum.  Lots of action and violence but not alot of gore.  I enjoyed the movie very much.