Super Contributor

Talbots Fall Lookbook preview is up

It is on talbotslookbook, page not on the Talbots home webpage. There are 15 different looks.

The prices seem to be about the same as summer prices.

Nothing really appealed to me--except the Paris tote bag. and I am a real Talbots fan.

I might have hit my maximum Talbots limit.

I hope you like the "looks"

donna71

Respected Contributor

Re: Talbots Fall Lookbook preview is up

Nothing for me, not one single thing...😩😩

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

I saw a few items that could work for me for fall/winter. I typically only buy a few items in the fall - this year I may pick up more because my size is smaller ty vs ly. I only buy when they offer a deal, so if they have it on deal, I may try some of these.

I like fall clothing the most ... but I love spring season (weather wise) the most. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

If it gets any earlier, they'll be showing fall fashions at Easter.  I'm trying to prepare myself to the next 4 months of heat and humidity; sweaters and layers are going to have to wait.

Honored Contributor

Nothing for me either.  I love Talbots. Talbots and J Jill are my stores.  But most everything they've featured there is way too formal for my stay at home, sit in the recliner lifestyle.  And all those layers.  I live in the south.  I couldn't stand all those layers.

I'll wait till the things actually come out and go in person and seek out the casual stuff.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I am not ready to hear the F word.

Respected Contributor

I like the zebra look except for the high water pants. I'm in the Southwest so some of the layered looks wouldn't work for my climate. Those who live in a colder climate would probably appreciate the extra warmth.

It does seem early. I thought Fall fashion usually made its debut sometime after July 4.

Respected Contributor

@donna71  well, I just looked....usually the fall catalog is my favorite. This time not so much. I did like the striped blouse but, I can live without another one! So disappointing!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Will take a look. Keep in mind that this is just a small teaser of all of the items that will be available starting in late summer. It doesn't seem early to me for a sneak peek, since the clothing will start to come out before fall.

ETA: Some of the collections look more transitional, while others look as though they will be featured deeper into fall. Also, fashion stylists often do way more layering than the average person would, but I still like looking at the way they put things together. I enjoyed checking it out and will await the actual releases of the various groupings to see what might suit my taste and lifestyle.

Respected Contributor

I love those wide leg crops with the scrunch neck sweater.