Honored Contributor

@wilma, this is a store problem, which is undoubtedly the reason for the investigation.

Why not just go to the store and tell the manager what happened? If you don't satisfaction, I would call Talbots and ask to speak to person highest up in the food chain.

I have to say that their CS for me has always been stellar and then some. You should be able to prevail without threats. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl   

@GSPgirl wrote:

If you have a Talbots card with them call and ask for the supervisor.  Threaten to cut your card up, if you don’t receive a prompt credit.  Too bad they treated you this way.  You can also go talk to a manager at the store and see if she can’t help you.  I have noticed their quality is lacking again and their clothes are too expensive for shoddy merchandise. Hope you get this resolved soon. 

sorry to tell you but, i worked at a retail store similar to Talbots for almost 20 years.  Threatening to cut your card up is only going to give the employees a chuckle in the lunchroom, and makes you look hysterical.

@wilma  do you still have the receipt? they can look up the transaction. chances are when they see two identical shorts rung up in sucsession, along with your story, they will see the mistake. 

the situation calls for a cool head. i'm assuming that the "investigation" will be them looking at the register tapes. 

especially when you are a good customer.

good luck.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@GSPgirl   

@GSPgirl wrote:

If you have a Talbots card with them call and ask for the supervisor.  Threaten to cut your card up, if you don’t receive a prompt credit.  Too bad they treated you this way.  You can also go talk to a manager at the store and see if she can’t help you.  I have noticed their quality is lacking again and their clothes are too expensive for shoddy merchandise. Hope you get this resolved soon. 

sorry to tell you but, i worked at a retail store similar to Talbots for almost 20 years.  Threatening to cut your card up is only going to give the employees a chuckle in the lunchroom, and makes you look hysterical.

@wilma  do you still have the receipt? they can look up the transaction. chances are when they see two identical shorts rung up in sucsession, along with your story, they will see the mistake. 

the situation calls for a cool head. i'm assuming that the "investigation" will be them looking at the register tapes. 

especially when you are a good customer.

good luck.

@kittyloo 

Yes, I still have the original receipt. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

If you bought them in the actual brick and mortar store, didn't you realize that your total was higher than anticipated when you were checking out?

Sorry, it's your own fault.

I think mistakes were made by both as can happen as we all make mistakes.  The salesperson made the mistake of ringing the item up twice or just hitting the quanity key as 2 not 1.  All customers should be aware of the charge before leaving the store especially prior to signing. Reminder lesson for us all.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@wilma, this is a store problem, which is undoubtedly the reason for the investigation.

Why not just go to the store and tell the manager what happened? If you don't satisfaction, I would call Talbots and ask to speak to person highest up in the food chain.

I have to say that their CS for me has always been stellar and then some. You should be able to prevail without threats. :-)

@suzyQ3 

I didn’t mention this in my original post, but the reason I can’t go back to the store is because the store is 700 miles away. I bought the shorts on vacation which is another reason why memory of the event is so clear in my mind. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

I didn’t mention this in my original post, but the reason I can’t go back to the store is because the store is 700 miles away. I bought the shorts on vacation which is another reason why memory of the event is so clear in my mind. 

@wilma, oy vey. I don't remember if you've said that you called that store first?

But be the polite but squeaky wheel, and you will get this fixed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

@wilma, oy vey. I don't remember if you've said that you called that store first?

@suzyQ3 

I called the CS number on my credit statement. That’s the only person I’ve spoken to. Not sure I should call the store now. With it currently under investigation they might not like me bothering store personnel. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

@suzyQ3 

I called the CS number on my credit statement. That’s the only person I’ve spoken to. Not sure I should call the store now. With it currently under investigation they might not like me bothering store personnel. 

@wilma, I wouldn't worry about anything other than your refund. TPTB have a million things going on and don't have time to be bothered by your making a phone call to the store manager explaining what happened and asking for a refund.

Esteemed Contributor

If you have a talbots near to you, I would take the original receipt and the product back and explain the situation. They should be able to look the transaction up that way. When they see two transactions for the same item just seconds apart, they will see the error.

Since everything is computerized with the original receipt they can probably search the store # as well.

Maybe they are having an issue at some of their stores hence the need for an investigation.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

If you have a talbots near to you, I would take the original receipt and the product back and explain the situation. They should be able to look the transaction up that way. When they see two transactions for the same item just seconds apart, they will see the error.

Since everything is computerized with the original receipt they can probably search the store # as well.

Maybe they are having an issue at some of their stores hence the need for an investigation.

@riley1, that's an excellent suggestion.