Honored Contributor

When TOLANI was first presented and touted as only available in "high end stores", wasn't the fabric a mix of silk and the price higher? I noticed the TSV yesterday was under $50 and Q is still making money on each one sold. The fabric on most online pieces is model.

Can someone explain?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

My guess is that to make the items affordable ... they went to more affordable fabrics.

Personally - I don't think that those Tolani styles work with modal.  

Regular Contributor

My guess her ridiculous style is not what most people buy.  Allthose figured fabrics are ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  @clista  I'm not one for big florals, but figured to lower the price, they made a TSV in less expensive fabric. Hope women realized that when ordering. 

Valued Contributor

I have heard  a couple of the show hosts say that the line sold in stores is silk but the line sold on qvc will be done in modal which is less expensive and easier to care for.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I don't lke florals at all ... but her abstract and patchwork aren't bad. 

What really, really, really bothers me is when someone designs a loose, flowy garment and uses a fabric that when worn and anyone facing you sees the wrong side of the fabric whenever you move.  

Fly-away fronts and wide sleeves, hi-lo skirts  - you see the faded wrong side with every movement.  Makes the clothes look shoddy.  (SG is a prime example.)

In the late 1950s we (friends from school / neighborhood) were in high school when one summer our mothers sent us to classes to learn how to choose the correct fabrcs, measure, cut, sew, and alter patterns.  It's not rocket science!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Shanus 

I don't lke florals at all ... but her abstract and patchwork aren't bad. 

What really, really, really bothers me is when someone designs a loose, flowy garment and uses a fabric that when worn and anyone facing you sees the wrong side of the fabric whenever you move.  

Fly-away fronts and wide sleeves, hi-lo skirts  - you see the faded wrong side with every movement.  Makes the clothes look shoddy.  (SG is a prime example.)

In the late 1950s we (friends from school / neighborhood) were in high school when one summer our mothers sent us to classes to learn how to choose the correct fabrcs, measure, cut, sew, and alter patterns.  It's not rocket science!

@ALRATIBA   I understand. Hate it for scarves, too. Tie it and the "wrong" side is different, faded. 

Honored Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

I have heard  a couple of the show hosts say that the line sold in stores is silk but the line sold on qvc will be done in modal which is less expensive and easier to care for.

@D Kay   I like all natural fabrics when possible. Silk, linen and cotton do require more care, but worth it to me. I personally don't like the feel of poly, rayon, model, tencel & others. 

Respected Contributor

@clista wrote:

My guess her ridiculous style is not what most people buy.  Allthose figured fabrics are ridiculous.

____

They certainly aren't for me. It's just too much all at once. If it were a solid color with her signature print around the border it would be better.  I also don't think the backside hung properly on anyone, regardless of their size.  

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@clista wrote:

____

They certainly aren't for me. It's just too much all at once. If it were a solid color with her signature print around the border it would be better.  I also don't think the backside hung properly on anyone, regardless of their size.  

@jpie   Oh, there were matching flowing pants, too. Now, that's a lot going on. The fabric of the top did cling to whatever pants models were wearing.