Contributor
I have many of Susan's pieces that I have purchased since she first came to QVC. I am sitting here watching her show and really feel the prices have just becomes too high. Her tops are expensive. Once you add in shipping etc. Just my opinion.
Honored Contributor

I just ordered one of her tops - the liquid knit with peplum.  I only ordered it because of the color.   I needed a bright lime and this is the only one I've seen that I liked.  I normally wouldn't spend that for one SG shirt.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with what you are saying about the high prices.  They have really skyrocketed in the last two years.  A $49 dollar top is not affordable.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

I have not bought anything from her in ages, but I bought the stripe tshirt in black and white. It was on clearance, but IMO that should have been the regular price and the Q knows it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patgo, I so agree with you. And please - we don't need to hear that we should watch something else if we don't like the prices. That's not the point. I happen to like the way the Liquid Knit looks, wears and launders, and while I don't watch QVC live, I do check out her pieces that may have been reduced a bit. I buy fewer of SG clothing because I can't justify spending $60 on a top, and that is certainly not a competitive price compared to B&M stores. I bought a pair of her pallazzo pants this spring because it was exactly what I was looking for an event I was going to, and I didn't want to run around the mall in the timeframe I had. I realize that there are plenty of women who will buy and pay her prices, but unfortunately the Q/SG is pricing me out. I buy fewer of her pieces each year.

Contributor
I agree totally. I would buy more if they lowered the prices. I know it is a business but they are making a fortune. I am now retired and have more time to shop in the stores, in comparison QVC prices are outrageous.
Respected Contributor

I was just looking at Talbots. Pricing is comparable on many items, but I think the fabrics which include a lot of cotton are superior to liquid knit. Sorry, but polyester at SG prices is overpriced, and very hot  to wear for about the 6 months of the year for me. I love some of her styles, really love them. The fit is perfect when they get it right . But I have to agree, it's getting overpriced. You really can do better elsewhere if possible. I will only purchase if I LOVE the item now.

Trusted Contributor

@Patgo wrote:
I have many of Susan's pieces that I have purchased since she first came to QVC. I am sitting here watching her show and really feel the prices have just becomes too high. Her tops are expensive. Once you add in shipping etc. Just my opinion.

You are correct.  She uses polyester, which is a cheap fabric, and charges outrageous prices.  Walmart carries items made of the exact same fabric.  I also don't view her as a designer, more of a mass marketing vendor.  If you like her things, check Lunchtime Special Values, and Primetime Special Values, along with clearance section.  Most of her items end of there.  They seem to have a hard time selling them on the Lunchtime Specials, you see the same exact things over, and over, and over again.

Super Contributor

Yes, the prices are getting out of the affordable range. What happened to the value part of the QVC logo? I did notice SG prices went up right after LOGO started selling at their expensive prices.

Contributor

this is happening with all the clothing on QVC, even denim and company.  I wouldn't mind trying some Kim Gravel but the prices are too high!!