Frequent Contributor

Susan Graver Pricing and Quacker Pricing

I used to shop quite a bit on QVC but have stopped due to the increase in pricing for both these brands,  Every top or pant is now close to $50 each.  So one summer outfit costs approximately $100.  It is ridiculous.  No other store namely Macy’s  or Kohl’s have increased their prices.  You can get sometimes three tops at Kohl’s for $50.   When I tune into the shows  and see the high prices, I am flabbergasted.  I remember Joan Rivers saying during an interview that the sellers get half of what an item sells for on the Q.  So either the sellers are getting greedier or QVC.  Unless it is a clearance price and reasonable, I do not buy it.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Pricing and Quacker Pricing

There is no reason for these price increases.  There is no middle man with QVC.  They have their own distribution centers!  This is pure greed.  I get better deals at Macy's, Kohl's and Lord & Taylor.

Respected Contributor

I completely agree!!!

I always thought Susan Graver's prices were on the high side, but Quacker........I can't believe the prices they're charging now.

Kohl's is my go-to for most of my clothes. I just ordered three shirts, a summer robe and a pair of capris for $102. I had a 30% coupon, plus another $10 coupon, FREE shipping, I earned $20 in Kohl's cash and got a 3% rebate. You just can't beat it!!  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I'm right there with you

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP. To me, a price tag of $50.00 for a polyester top is ridiculous. It doesn't breathe and it feels rubbery - not to mention the price tag. I like Quacker better, as far as quality (though I don't like the outlandish styling). I can go to a brick and mortar store and buy two tops for that price. I like to watch the shows for entertainment. 

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you. I am surprised at the prices that Quacker Factory is charging now. I have many pieces hanging in my closet but have not purchased any lately. I have always thought Susan's prices were a little high. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you on the pricing.  However, I have purchased clothes at Kohl's and Bealls and been really disappointed in the quality.  Even if I find something I like, they shrink, they fade, they never fit well to begin with.  Maybe I am not looking at the right brands, but after having too many disappointing experiences, I stopped shopping there.

However, that does not explain the increase in prices at QVC.  If the price of fabrics have gone up, I am not aware of that.  Perhaps the cost of labor in the countries where they make the clothes has gone up.  Or it could just be the huge and growing QVC overhead and very generous salaries for all the big wigs and hosts at QVC.

Sometimes I have to laugh at how the hosts exclaim that a top is under $50!!!  Is that really a good thing?  And then they compare QVC prices to very expensive stores.  Oh, and if it is on easy pay, well then it is practically free.....Give me a break.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

And it's not just the prices its the cost of returns if the items don't fit.

I ordered a pair of denim and co. embroidered jeans when they came yesterday I recieved a regular not petite. I tried them on and I looked like Urkal! They went up almost to my breasts! I looked rediculous. Well, I called the Q's customer service and they said that I don't have to pay for shipping them back. I was relieved, but I have already spent alot of money sending items back that did not fit. I wish the Q would have a lower return price. It is really high and wish shipping to and back just trying something on costs $10. 

Frequent Contributor

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I get such great prices at Macy's for quality merchandise. Susan Graver runs $40 - $50 for a simple shirt or pants. When you add shipping it gets ridiculous. Return shipping charges run high, plus you don't get your original shipping QVC charges back. Runs about $8.00 and you have nothing! Hope they do something about this.

Contributor

I agree with all of the above. QVC seems to be losing customers due to pricing and shipping and return prices. I know I am buying less. The value is missing.