Esteemed Contributor

Re: Summer fashion in winter

[ Edited ]

I get all of the Boston channels on my Canadian cable and so I was watching a lot of their live weather news and the ladies in the studio were wearing long sleeves and sweaters early in the morning. I did see one of the weather ladies reporting outside and she was wearing ski goggles of some type when it was very windy.

But yeah, it may be daylight savings time but it's been a cold winter in the Pacific Northwest including the lower mainland part of British Columbia, Canada. I think the snow on the lawns is gone for good but not the rain or the cold weather. Stores are getting in spring and summer clothes now as it's spring break. I've seen a lot of swimwear, coverups, and sunglasses in the store and a lot of sandals. It's not like you can even wear any sandals now, it's too cold and rainy.

At least Hudson's Bay got a shipment of packable down coats for men this spring. I have been looking for one for my husband as they sold out earlier last year and I couldn't even find one at the outlet mall in Las Vegas. I suspect that we'll have a cold spring and summer this year as it's a La Nina weather year here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma  Its going to be 80° the rest of the week in Albuquerque and everything is leafing and blooming.  First day of spring next week.  Are they supposed to wait until it's 90° in Jersey before they start selling summer clothing?  Many of us want and need to get ready now

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@MRSTH wrote:

It's not the middle of winter. It's one week until spring. 

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” -- George Orwell, 1984

There's a difference between calendar Spring and weather Spring. 

@chrystaltree  Yeah and there's a difference in raining every week and living in a place where rain is a blessed and much appreciated event.  Maybe you need to experience it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

It has nothing to do with lights.  They want us in a summer frame of mind because they want us to buy white jeans, tank tops and sandals.  That's what they are selling now, their winter season ended in January.  I agree, it looks silly, very silly.  It's still winter in 3/4 of the country and the hosts are dressed like it's July 4th.  On the other side, in early August the hosts will be in heavy sweaters and knee high boots and parkas. 

In a nutshell @chrystaltree!  LIving in AK it's hard to look at anyone wearing anything sleeveless, even sandals.  There are a few states experiencing very warm weather.  For these folks sleeveless, sandals, pastel colors, light and airy fashions are not silly.  It just seems out of the norm for people still experiencing winter weather.  RIght now, its 10* and feels like -4 according to weather, and tomorrow's high will be a balmy 19*.  Hello spring?

Honored Contributor

I am in suburban NYC we had 12 inches of snow and I am sitting here under a blanket and yet I just saw a commercial for patio furniture. Things are scheduled to be aired weeks before and they go by date nothing else. On March 1 Spring begins for TV selling networks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I always hear "but it's so hot under the lights".  Then why, I wonder, do the men always appear fully dressed, often in suits, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@MalteseMomma

Just because it is cold where you are doesn't mean it is cold everywhere.

But the hosts,the program,even my news channels are here in Penn.and NYC not in Fla.or California

I  could understand it if they were in those states but they are here in the NE in the Middle of a Blizzard today@@@  The host I am thinking of  looks like an idiot. I love her ............but who dresses these people?????.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitlynn wrote:

They are trying to sell a lot of what they consider to be Spring items. They want us to think Spring and if we see them in sleeveless clothing and bright colors we will feel like it is Spring. I think for newcasters and those kind of shows it is hot in the studios and they just dress accordingly for that.

ok I get it...............

BUT.......... ok,   I will change my thread subject...........

THE  QVC HOSTS LOOK LIKE JERKS IN THE CLOTHING THEY  ARE WEARING.I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS THEIR OWN OR IF SOMEONE TELLS THEM WHAT TO WEAR .BUT THEY LOOK STUPID ,GOING TO WORK IN DRESSES LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO A "SOCIAL" OR SOME KIND OF "GALA PARTY" WHEN THEY ARE ONLY SELLING A RAZOR OR A HAIR DRYER OR WHAT EVER!!!THE SEXY FASHIONS ARE DISTRACTING FROM THE PRODUCT AND VERY INAPROPRIATE .....DRESS PROFESSIONALLY......IMO...........lol......thanks for letting me rant...lol

this thread will certainly be deleted!

Respected Contributor

These types of threads always make me grin.  The author and some others usually live in a cold part of the country and doesn't seem to understand there are literally millions of people who don't live in cold climates.  QVC is a national retailer--not a mom and pop PA company.  They understand (as do all other retailers) that March is the beginning of the spring season.

"Middle of winter"?  I don't think so. Spring is next week.  I understand some of you had a blizzard. Perhaps those of you who are experiencing this late winter storm can understand that the temps are in the 80s and 90s in other parts of the country.

HSN is located in FL and they sell winter things.  Do you find that odd too?

~Enough is enough~