Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion --- Joan Rivers Memorial Bee Pin

I vote for David Dangle to continue Joan's line of jewelry and fashions. Perhaps an occasional visit with Melissa, too. Melissa is busy and lives on the West Coast, yet it would be very nice to see her present some of her Mom's items. Just a thought....

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

I'm another one that hopes this happens.

I have some of her bee pins but my MIL is a huge Joan fan and she has every one Joan had made. An enormous collection of, not only all her pins but necklaces and earrings as well.

Joan will surely be missed.

Honored Contributor

I would like to see an apple pin for her, with a bite taken out of it. She LOVED the "Big Apple" and it would remind wears to take that big bite out of life just like she did. EVERY day! Get dressed and look good and go out and have a great time. Keep laughing and be bold!

Occasional Contributor

I love the idea of a Memorial bee pin!

I have several bees, and other jewelry from Joan that I will wear in her honor.

I ordered J292654 JR LT. Ed. My favorite things charm bracelet, last week when I heard she was hospitalized. I think this piece exemplifies all that was Joan.

Trusted Contributor

What a fabulous idea! I see Gabrielle is wearing a bee pin today. To offer the pin and have a significant amount of the proceeds go to Joan's favorite charity, chosen by Melissa, would certainly be a wonderful way to honor her memory.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/4/2014 ccash said:

YES I AGREE -- Bee Theme Memorial is a fantastic idea. I would buy and I am not so much a fashion jewelry purchaser. I DO HOPE that some of Joan Rivers Fashion stays, her jackets are so wonderful... classic.

Years ago Joan used to offer replicas of some real Faberge eggs she had collected when her husband was alive. I feel a memorial egg would be a lovely tribute as well.

I also wanted to echo ccash with the hope that the line can continue under David Dangle's direction. David has worked with Joan on the QVC line since it's beginning, so he is definitely qualified to run it. Of course unless Joan's will has specifics, the decision regarding what happens to her enterprises will be up to Melissa.

Honored Contributor

Wonderful suggestion & ideas!!! Hope it happens

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

How about an ANGEL BEE pin?? She is surely an angel now and her memories will keep us laughing for a long time.

Regular Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Ms X said:

Great idea. Perhaps with Joan's phrase "Do it now"?

I just bought the "Do it Now" bee pin on eBay. Paid a stupid amount for it, but I just had to have it! I'm going through a rough time right now and I figure that Joan's message will inspire me (and the bee is two-toned and super cute!).

I would love to see a memorial pin...

Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 mstraditional said:

considering all the classic great looks she brought to us over the years would really love to see a Best of Joan Rivers Retrospective - bring back her best looks in fashion and in jewelry.

That would be great.