Honored Contributor

Re: Such a big difference between my Belle Gray maxi and the Serena maxi

I saw that Belle Gray maxi and thought it was just like the GILI one. That's strange...

Honored Contributor

On 5/1/2014 brii said:

I saw that Belle Gray maxi and thought it was just like the GILI one. That's strange...

I remember when Lisa wore the original version of that maxi at the Hamptons event and then did a knock-off.

When I first saw the Belle Gray maxi awhile back it struck me right away that it was nearly identical to the GILI because I too thought it odd Q would bring in the nearly same dress under 2 different labels.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/30/2014 imaclotheshog said:
On 4/25/2014 wonderwoman100 said:

imaclotheshog, which Belle Gray maxi are you referring to? I tried one of Serena's last year and was really disappointed because it had good reviews. I found the fabric to be very cheap and thin looking.

Hi Wonderwoman! (sorry I just saw these posts!) It is the drape front solid one. I am really kind of surprised it is as nice as it is, for the price. I didn't see the initial presentation but I got the black later on. I paid $60 plus S&H and tax for mine. I think it's totally worth it too. The material and fit is great!

I was so unimpressed with the Serena maxi for about the same price. I didn't like the fabric at all, it was odd fabric and yes thin and just not for me. It looked horrible on me!

Here is the Belle Gray maxi I bought. I see they posted my review!

http://www.qvc.com/Belle-Gray-by-Lisa-Rinna-Cowl-Neck-Maxi-Dress.product.A251684.html?orderId=16166...

Thanks for replying to me! I don't need another black maxi, so I will watch the video and check out the aqua version. I agree that $60 isn't a bad price if the quality is there. I would rather pay a little more to have better quality fabric and really love and feel good in a garment, than pay less for something that's just ok. Thanks again for the review and the link!

Honored Contributor

The GILI was either a lunchtime special or last clicks price in the last week or so ago too.

Trusted Contributor

The 2 dresses are the same style, however the Belle Gray version has much better reviews.

Contributor

Thanks for the great review...What a beautiful Maxi...I have been looking for a couple and I think the Black and the Coral would be perfect for me...I so love the draping in the front...It looks really classy...I have not ordered any of her clothes yet, but I have a couple of her eternity scarves and they are super cute and really soft...Amazing quality...

I live abroad now, but will be back in the states in June and will have them shipped to my Mom's home...I think these would be great with a cardigan over, as I am sometimes conscious about my arms...

Thanks again...{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}