Honored Contributor

Re: Studio Park x Jane Treacy Peplum Tee

@Harpa wrote:

The blue color is pretty! I do like the seaming, but not the high neckline, nor the longer sleeves. High necklines are not attractive on petites, I don't think.

The peplum seems to be just right (length & width). Have you ever watched those old movies when peplum was definitely the fashion? My DM had beautiful suits w/ peplum. But on some body types, it may not be flattering.

I agree!  There is something about a high neckline on me that looks so awful.  I can't wear crew, mock or turtle necks.  I need either v necks or a scoop neckline....but not too low. 

I'm petite and short in everything....short neck, short arms and short wasited.

Respected Contributor

@PatsShoes 

Agree the top is fabulous, fitted, different.

However, I was impressed with the novel parts of her new denim jacket. Different in ways I appreciate.

As some mentioned, not sure about the "hip" thing, but love the sleeves (don't have to roll them up) and the slightly high neck/collar is just what Iike. I would wear it as a fully buttoned up jacket. Great for lecturing.

Ordered the dark denim (small now gone already!) and found the kelly green, for fun. Works to brighten up my grey/black ensembles.

Respected Contributor

I think the price is fair, a Spanx peplum top without the details and sleeves is $88.00 at Dillards It it does not come in the color and size options as Studio Park.

Color:Very Black - Image 4 - AirEssentials Peplum 'At-the-Hip' Peplum Top

Respected Contributor

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 6.10.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 6.11.10 AM.png

Valued Contributor

Didn't look good on either Jane or Jackie . Pulled under the arms , showing the sizes were incorrect . Not a good look on somebody with " Hips " . 

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely, that jacket would be great for speaking engagements (lectures) (especially the Kelly green!)

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 6.10.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 6.11.10 AM.png

I don't like this at all.  The entire outfit and shoes. Nope.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I saw that last night and my first thought was that it was not a good choice for Jane. And I would not buy it, I don't like the sleeves nor the collar, and I don't do pepblums...ever. I don't like ruffles of any type.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I am petite and I love peplum tops.  I don't like the peplum green jacket because the peplum is too long which makes it flair too much.  About a 3 inch flair is about right, IMO and looks best on me.

Valued Contributor

Sorry, ugly top all around.  The reason JT is always, always pulling her tops down when she stands up from sitting and when she sits down, lol, is because she chooses to wear a size or two, too small.  Easy fix, if she wanted to stop all the pulling.