Valued Contributor

I work with a gal who does this because she hates to shop.  She said lately getting stuff she doesn't care for and ending up sending it back and out 20.00. She has gotten some nice things but nothing I can't find on my own and I can get better prices too.  She doesn't receive discounted prices and she said some things are too much.

Just like anything some hits and some misses.  I thought about it but I like to shop and I like to try on.  So not really for me.   

Honored Contributor

@EZ shopper wrote:

Has anyone tried stitchfix.com? I'm thinking about trying it and would love to hear feedback from someone who has tried this.  Any info appreciated.

I came across this today

http://myfrugaladventures.com/2015/10/a-quick-guide-to-stitch-fix/

Esteemed Contributor

Can someone speak to the brands that Stitchfix is affiliated with.  I am not necessarily a brand snob, but...

My sister-in-law just asked me if she could refer me to them (she must get some kind of "gift" for referrals?).  I asked her if she was happy with them and she said sometimes she is, but she sent all 5 items back the last 3 boxes she received.  So does that mean it cost her $60 to look at 15 garments?  Yikes!  

Valued Contributor

The only name brand that I have recognized thus far is KUT from the Cloth (denim).  Yes, if your sis-in-law ordered three times and sent everything back, she's out $20 for each shipment.  They usually include a reasonably priced jewelry item, so you can at least keep that and only pay a little more.

Anyway, you can refer a friend and get $25.00 towards your next "fix".

Esteemed Contributor

@Coco Butter Bean 

Thanks for clarifying Lanikins.  I live in such a shopping mecca it seems rather silly for me to take a $20 chance on liking something. when I could practically walk out my door and find more than enough on which to spend my money.  lol

Maybe Stitchfix will offer some introductory promo?  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear@EZ shopper

I am just about ready to try this service.  DD uses it and she has some really great-looking fashions that were chosen "just for her" based on her proportions.

She doesn't always keep everything they send... however, she did say that as they "get" you and what you like, the items get better and better.

Even at an investment with no return cost, it seems cheaper over-all to do this instead of so many returns?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

I have two friends who have ordered from StitchFix.  Both received clothing that was just okay and some clothing they really loved.  They said the clothing was expensive.

Honored Contributor

Stitch fix had a utility jacket that was EXACTLY what I would have liked. Admittedly, it was too expensive for the quality ( from the photos) but one CANNOT find anything like it now. (August box)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

sounds like fun but potentially a $240.00 a year hobby. I already do ipsy and birchbox for the same yearly total but I do get to keep what's in the box and play/use it.

I recently looked in to the shoe version of this (I forget the name).

I just received my haul, yesterday, from Evine's fashion day last weekend. I bought the Kirkland peplum cami, from QVC, last night..This shopping without getting off the couch is getting to be very addictive! LOL