Esteemed Contributor

@Orchestrateacher  Stan Herman was originally famous for his warm chenille robes. Sadly, I haven't been able to find ANY real chenille robes anywhere. They have been replaced with polyester or a polyester-blend, which to me is not warm at all. I won't buy anything with that nasty stuff!. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I  purchased Stan's bed jacket on sale in December.  Very warm and cozy.

Yes, that’s what I thinking but couldn’t say it. A bed jacket is what I want. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

I have requested for years, in every way I know how, that Stan bring in, if even once a year, at what ever price it needs to be, a 100% cotton chenille robe.   It has never happened and all of my SH items purchased in the '90 are now gone, worn to death.  So sad.  Smiley Sad If I had known they would eventually not return I would have bought a few extra.  When I Google for 100% cotton chenille I still get cotton/poly in the search.  No 100%. Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor
I bought my mother a Stan Herman zip up robe for Christmas. It was well received.
Contributor
Oh well, (Sigh)! I did love his zip up chenille robes.
Honored Contributor

@avid shopper- I can't post a link here, but there's a place called "Bath and Robes" that sell a 100% cotton chenille robe.  I've only seen it online and it's about $80, but it seems to have good reviews.

I think with 100% cotton chenille, you have to really look.  Some websites say 100%, then you look at the description and it's 70/30.  A lot of companies do that to increase the wearability of the fabric.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stan Herman

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@avid shopper- I can't post a link here, but there's a place called "Bath and Robes" that sell a 100% cotton chenille robe.  I've only seen it online and it's about $80, but it seems to have good reviews.

I think with 100% cotton chenille, you have to really look.  Some websites say 100%, then you look at the description and it's 70/30.  A lot of companies do that to increase the wearability of the fabric.

thanks for the info.  I went to the site immediately and checked everything out.  The robes are very nice and mostly the blend.  The one 100%, of course, did not come in my size. + I prefer a zip rather than a wrap robe.  But I will add the site to my favorites.  Thanks again!