Valued Contributor

I just went to Walmarts website and found the mens shorts I was talking about. they are on sale for $7.50 or cotton shorts! George is the brand. Now if they can make a pair of shorts for a man with a zipper even for that price why is it so difficult to make them for ladies all cotton for that price? 

that just irritates me to no end that companies think women will pay more for everything and men won't so just keep the prices decent for guys, SMH 

Trusted Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

@PinkSunset  I saw 22 paris of shorts online at Blair.com.  They are having a 20% off free shipping sale right now.  They even carry bermudas so go there and look.  Let us know if you find any you like and they are reasonably priced too. The ones below are cotton blend. 

download (3).png

do you know how the fit is on any of them? Ive never heard of this company so have no idea of how they size. thanks

I have no idea but they do have reviews and a szie chart to go by.  I have bought capris from them just to hang around the house in and they wear very well.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Speaking of shorts

[ Edited ]

pinksunse, go to JCPenny's hey have lots and they ae on sale here is an example: top one is $9 and bottom on with ties are $15 both brand names.

download (6).pngdownload (5).png

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo   Love those shorts....comfy and have the cool factor. Pockets can be tricky on shorts....they can poke out and add a not so flattering look.   Most shorts are not wide enough through the leg.  Fortunately, I bought two pairs of Eddie Bauer's last year that were similar to the ones you are wearing.  I just checked and currently don't see any that have that wonderful casual loose look.  Enjoy your shorts....surprising they are so difficult to find. 

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

It's a very lightweight cotton so the cargo pockets are unobtrusive. They're cool and comfortable and it's a shame they're not everywhere for the taking! I'm thinking of picking up a cheap pair at the Goodwill, in the men's of course, that fit in the hips with a short rise and then having the waist taken in

Regular Contributor

I always take a size smaller at Blair than at regular retail so Size xl at Kohls or Penneys and size L at Blair.

Trusted Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@PinkSunset: I came across this:

"To convert men's pants sizes to women's, subtract 21 inches from the waist measurement of the men's pants. For example, men's pants with a 33-inch waist would be approximately a women's size 12. The inseam, typically the second measurement in men's pants sizes, will remain the same for women."

Thank you

I Will save this information!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

Go back to Walmart and try on the mens.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I have hundreds of bermuda shorts for women; everywhere and at all price points.  Well, probably not for $5.00.   Try Kohl's, Macy's, Lands End.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

You're right except they're not the ones that were looking for! I posted a picture of myself in the ideal shorts that are virtually impossible to find in women's. I bought mine at least 10 years ago

As for the conversion tip from Men's sizing, I'm sorry I don't recall who posted it, it only works if you have hips like a man! The best thing to do is find a pair that fit in the hips and then obviously you're going to have to take the waist in. I'm a size 4 so using that conversion Id be a 25?! I do know that my husband's 30 in waist shorts fit me in the hips. Generally speaking though the rise is too long and of course the waist is too big