Super Contributor

Re: Sorry but QVC is lost without Lisa R......

On 1/31/2015 RainCityGirl said:

I haven't watched the Q programming in over two years, but seriously, Lisa? I found her to be very annoying to listen to and I used to avoid whatever programs she was hosting. She was especially annoying when she was with Leslie Blodgett. The only shows I felt she maintained her professionalism were the Vincenza gold shows. I don't even know who is hosting, except for the times Joel McHale covers tales of home shopping on The Soup. Where did Lisa go?

It appears she is on the fast track to Nowhere!

Contributor

I was never a "fan" of Lisa, but I must admit she was very good at her job. I do see a difference, which makes me appreciate how polished and "in tune" she was with the items she presented. She displayed a comfortable flow with her approach and she didn't seem to struggle or stumble awkwardly with her words, which I have noticed many do when they are presenting alone without a vendor. I do think, for several reasons, her departure has hurt the company. I hardly watch anymore, due to many of the reasons others have stated: poor programming, prices, and host antics. Must say I do think Sharon is very personable and professional. : )
Respected Contributor

I miss Lisa.

Trusted Contributor

I certainly don't think QVC is ""lost without Lisa."" The only difference I notice is that we are not constantly seeing pictures of Lisa on the Web site and constantly hearing constant commercials about her upcoming shows. That got really old for me.

Trusted Contributor

Unwatchable. Rick is the only one I can tolerate. But I am just a speck in the universe.
Trusted Contributor

I don't miss Lisa at all. What I do miss is a variety of products. Same stuff on all the time. Maybe they need another 50/50 tour with some fresh ideas for products.

Trusted Contributor

I also miss Lisa.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

I never considered Lisa to be a "favorite" of mine, just someone I could watch more easily than the others if it was a product in which I already had interest. And I really liked to see some of the new items in the GILI line. But now I understand that she really did have an appeal not matched by the other (mostly for me unwatchable) hosts.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed Lisa when she was on but I also got tired of seeing her in the same black clothes all the time and that off white poets shirt with the wide belt. It is nice to see some different host bringing color and their own style to the shows. All things change in life and QVC has certainly changed over the years. Some changes have been for the better and some not so much.

Valued Contributor

The only way QVC is ""lost"" is in their product selection and lack of variety. I actually have enjoyed changing up the programming and hosts. While LOGO having an hour show isn't my ""cup of tea' it's still a good idea. Many people enjoy her shows so while I may not like it others do. I like some of the Plus programs and enjoy the hosts in different roles. I think QVC had become too focused on one host. Every new show and plum assignments all went her way. I wish Lisa success in whatever she is doing next. But I don't see her being gone as a negative.