Trusted Contributor

Re: Sorry but QVC is lost without Lisa R......

I thought Lisa was a great host, and I look forward to seeing where she turns up next -- but I don't think QVC is "lost without her". I think they're more "lost" in terms of current programming, pricing, and overall merchandise selection. They have quite a few effective hosts.

Honored Contributor

Don't miss her at all. Never watched her.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/31/2015 Jezzebell said:

I think QVC got "lost" a few years ago when they changed some of the management and started all the BORING long presentations of the same stuff over and over and over, dropping good product lines etc.

Lisa got out while QVC was continuing to tank imho. But the mess has been going on for a long time.

On 1/31/2015 Sooner said:

I am more disgruntled with the products than any of the hosts. Especially stale old kitchen and food items and cosmetics. And the weird junk stuff they sell like the electronics and cleaning JUNK!

On 1/31/2015 Shelbelle said:

High shipping, high prices are much more of a turn off to me than losing Lisa R.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 MurphsMom said:

I have not been watching QVC all that much lately-between uninteresting programs and poor choices of hosts. The programs I have seen make me realize how professional, well informed and interesting Lisa R. was-really miss her. Q will have a hard time "filling her shoes!" It's a sad day when I prefer the "southern" channel!

I don't think QVC is lost without anyone, trust me the money train is STILL ROLLING ON. If anyone thinks that QVC will DIE... cause one host leaves that is a mistake. The products are repetitive.. YES... while HSN has more one and done products. That is the main difference if you see something on HSN, you better order cause the item has a 90% chance of him NOT COMING BACK. While, QVC, you can be confident that the item will come back if it is sold out.

The hosts are the same as before Lisa left so that is nothing NEW. It is not like QVC hired a entire new staff of hosts. These are the same hosts from the last 5-6 years.

QVC is not perfect BUT.... thank GOD FOR QVC. I had a fire at my home and lost a lot of item and QVC was such a blessing when we moved back. I was able to re-order a lot of my favorites.

Super Contributor

It's not as if Lisa was on all that much. By the reactions of some, you would have thought she was the host 24-7. Singlehandedly, she was not going to make or break the Q.

Honored Contributor

On 1/31/2015 aprilskies said:

I think QVC got "lost" a few years ago when they changed some of the management and started all the BORING long presentations of the same stuff over and over and over, dropping good product lines etc.

I agree.

Very well put!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.blush}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Super Contributor

I haven't watched the Q programming in over two years, but seriously, Lisa? I found her to be very annoying to listen to and I used to avoid whatever programs she was hosting. She was especially annoying when she was with Leslie Blodgett. The only shows I felt she maintained her professionalism were the Vincenza gold shows. I don't even know who is hosting, except for the times Joel McHale covers tales of home shopping on The Soup. Where did Lisa go?

Respected Contributor

I find that I really am enjoying watching Jane Treacy she has been very entertaining to watch. I just think that QVC needs to get some new products it is the same old things day in and day out. When I look at things I bought over the years that were different and now it is the same sweepers, computers, pots and pans etc. I have a very large picture that is on a foil back ground everyone who come here comments about it. Every time the light hits it, the picture takes on a different view. Years ago there was a lot more variety.

Valued Contributor

Lisa got out while QVC was continuing to tank imho. But the mess has been going on for a long time.

You are so right on about this. I went from having QVC on as background noise pretty much all day two or three years ago to now only putting it on when there's something I want to see but even then I have it on mute. I don't think my total viewing even totals an hour a week anymore. The constant repetition of the same old products has really taken it's toll on the Q's programming. I check out the TSV and the LTS but that's about it for me anymore.

In my opinion, QVC jumped the shark a few years back. Sad, really. As for Lisa leaving, that has had zero effect on my programming watching.

Maria

Valued Contributor

I don't know if LR leaving has had any effect, but I have noticed a certain host is on a lot more than she used to be. Normally, a host doesn't bother me either way, but it's gone to brash and brassy on many of the fashion shows that I've watched. I've definitely lost interest because of it.