Honored Contributor

Re: Son getting married soon---tried on my wedding attire today--

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe --No dancing at this affair---it's is going to be  more like  a big party ---and then a  couple  getting married---Friends are in charge of everything--even doing the actual marrying--food, drink, music, decor, photos-- all given as gifts to the bride and groom. Should be around 80 there. No rehearsal the night before. Gourmet pizzas, salads and apps----home brewed ciders, beers and wines along with non alchoholic drinks----just what the bride and groom wanted. Should be fun!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl  Your dress is beautiful!  Excellent choice!  Your hairstyle sounds lovely too.  You'll look stunning!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@wagirl   Breathtakingly gorgeous outfit.  Best wishes to you, your son, and his soon-to-be wife on the upcoming wedding day.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl Your outfit sounds lovely, glad to hear the prothesis worked out.  Your son is so blessed to have 2 wonderful women in his life.  

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!  My daughter got married this last March, I bought a three piece dressy pantsuit, I was more comfortable with the pantsuit than a dress for me.

Your dress is beautiful!  Enjoy the special day, I was holding it together until my two year old grandson walked down the aisle first carrying the rings in his little tuxedo...then I lost it!

Honored Contributor

@colleena --thank you for such nice words--funny, but my DD told me that she isn't used to seeing me with a bustline when I showed her my clothes on--made me laughWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 ---Oh that would be me too---love when the little ones are involved--I have no grands as my son and my daughter  wanted no kids and my sons fiancee has 4 from a previous marriage----the youngest is in high school and the other 3 are adults. Bride and groom are both 45---and thats fine with me--I have no control over any of that!

Honored Contributor

When Sonny Boy was wed,it was a Halloween wedding. Everyone was in costume including the bridal party. The invitations asked that all come in costume. What a fun wedding and a wonderful memory.

My costume you ask--Little Red Riding Hood. My SO who would soon become Hubbs, as the Big Bad Wolf.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Frequent Contributor

That's a gorgeous dress! And the wedding festivities sound so unique and fun!

Honored Contributor

Wonderful day yesterday !! My son got married and all went very well, for it being a very low key, untraditional type event--nothing went horribly wrong there were many friends of theirs there as well as both families--was in a really cute community hall  decorated  beautifully with fresh flowers and even fairy lights in the table runners, all in the wedding colors of pink and sage green---the food was very good but simple--pizzas and apps and salads, drinks were both leaded and unleadedWoman Wink and brewed by a friend--gosh were they good--had a cherry vanilla bourbon cidar--but he made his own flavored sodas too. the ceremony was short and sweet, bride and groom  and their attendants looked great. and my dress fit me well and got many compliments about it. I didn't do much as MOG--but I did...make sure DDIL---got a shiny penny in her shoe!!! she'd never heard of that part of the something old saying! so happy for them--they will honeymoon next Oct going to Hawaii--both can't get time off of work now. Big HUGE sigh!!! Woman Very HappyHeart