Super Contributor

Just my minor fashion pet peeve of the day - I don't understand the point of socks that just have a pattern arcoss the top cuff of the socks.  - the part under the pant leg.  What's the point?!!

Respected Contributor

Sometime we wear things just for ourselves even if no one else sees it.  Like printed/patterned/bold colored underwear. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

That's your little smile of the day!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Socks with a pattern

[ Edited ]

Maybe helps people match up a pair.  Have you ever tried to match a basket of solid colored socks like maybe all black of different makes and sizes?

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Maybe helps people match up a pair.  Have you ever tried to match a basket of solid covered socks like maybe all black of different makes and sizes?

When my son was small I always bought him white tube socks with the same color stripe around the top....then they always matched!

Honored Contributor

The point is that you are a special person ,and worthy of nice things  I would rather have something special ,than just a plain Jane pr that are nothing special at all

Honored Contributor

The design doesn't show when walking but maybe when sitting.

I always wore crazy pattern socks to work, everyone always asked to see them & I would pull up my pant leg.   If some stranger on the street doesn't see them, their loss!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy wearing lacy, feminine matching lingerie under my jeans and sweaters. No one knows it's there but me, but I matter a lot. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Maybe helps people match up a pair.  Have you ever tried to match a basket of solid colored socks like maybe all black of different makes and sizes?

@Carmie 

Oh, my! I just sorted way too many pairs of plain black & navy socks earlier today. It really takes time. When cold weather comes, I know the number of socks in my laundry will increase. 😱

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie 

Oh, my! I just sorted way too many pairs of plain black & navy socks earlier today. It really takes time. When cold weather comes, I know the number of socks in my laundry will increase. 😱

@wilma   I trained DH in the first year we were married to pin the toes of his socks together before throwing them into the hamper. The kids and I did the same. A small container of large pins are kept next to the dirty clothes. My dil says my son still does that and she sent me a thank you note.