Honored Contributor

I'm seeing a couple of instances where ladies are wearing sneakers with dressy dresses.  Two of my grand-nieces went to their home-coming dance in lovely dresses and high-top sneakers.  Also, the young lady who does traffic reporting on one of the morning stations always wears sneakers with her dresses, skirts, jumpsuits, etc.  I'm reading that this is now the trend.  I don't much care for it.  Your thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

I love it!  It's not a new trend.

Respected Contributor

I don't like it at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you in that I don't like the look, but then again I come from the days where comfort wasn't a top priority.  Always wore heels with dresses to work and, god forbid, nylon stockings!!  LOL. 

Honored Contributor

I like It on young girls.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind it at all.  Lots of glitter sneakers at HS dances, even Prom with color matching dress.

Honored Contributor

Comfort rules and have you priced some of the sneaks out there lately?? Many cost as much if not more than some fancy high heels.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneakers and Dresses

[ Edited ]

I like it.  Even as a child in the 60's, I remember going to fancy events, probably weddings, where older ladies were all dressed up but wearing comfortable footwear, often sneakers.  When you are older, and even if you are not, screw everyone else, and toss away the idea of looking as fashionable as possible.  Why be in pain, why suffer, if you have foot issues, ankle issues, knee issues, whatever the case may be.  I am all for this.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy that look.  Of course, it's not for everyone, and some ways of pulling it off are more appealing than others, but it can be carefree and cute.

Respected Contributor

I don't like the look. I never did, especially with clunky sneakers. 

The only times I wore sneaks with a dress was if it were denim or khaki. They were either white Keds or pink Reeboks.

I also despise white sneakers with black pants. 😆