Respected Contributor

Anyone else having little holes in  their tops where the pants fasten at the waist.  I have learned not to wear slub fabric tees with any pants with fasteners.  I kept getting little holes and realized I can only wear them with pull on pants.  I have ruined several tops!

Esteemed Contributor

All the time. From what I've researched it's caused by the button rubbing against the tee. I wish I had a cure.

Respected Contributor

I have several slub knit tops. I like the look and feel of them but they don't seem to hold up very well for me. The threads seem to pull out of shape pretty easily. 

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

All the time. From what I've researched it's caused by the button rubbing against the tee. I wish I had a cure.

There is a cure!!  After much researching I found two products that you put on your pants/jeans so you won't get holes in your shirts.  I purchased Lickety Klip.  Also on Amazon is Shirt Guardian.  No holes what so ever for me!!

Frequent Contributor

I have a solution, don’t purchase them.  It’s a cheap way of mak8ng a tee shirt!!

Esteemed Contributor

Never ever have I had any top fail due to waist fasteners.  I do have a couple of slub knits.  Could it just be too thin a fabric?

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining 

It is definately due to the fabric being thinner.  They are cool and comfortable but almost see thru in spots because of the fabric.

Trusted Contributor

i can't believe that there's actually a post about this because i thought it happened only to my husband's tees! yes, only the slub knits. he couldn't figure out what the cause was, but i had an idea. this post just confirmed it. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve personally never had it happen to my slub knits, but I can understand how it might. 

Super Contributor
I ruined so many t-shirts from the waistband point on my jeans. So annoying.